Freezer Lab Equipment
Research Freezers used to store study samples, fluid and tissues.
AI-powered self-service platform for all your sourcing decision needs across 1,600+ categories llike Freezer Lab Equipment.
Market Data, Sourcing & Supplier Intelligence, and Price & Cost Benchmarking.
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
Abi, the AI-powered digital assistant brings together data, insights, and intelligence for faster answers to sourcing questions
Freezer Lab Equipment Suppliers
Find the right-fit freezer lab equipment supplier for your specific business needs and filter by location, industry, category, revenue, certifications, and more on Beroe LiVE.Ai™.
Use the Freezer Lab Equipment market, supplier and price information for category strategy creation and Quaterly Business Reviews (QRBs)
Freezer Lab Equipment market report transcript
Global Market Outlook on Freezer Lab Equipment
- The global ultra-low temperature freezer market and is expected to reach USD 702 million by 2022.
- Regionally, North America holds the largest market share for global Ultra-low temperature freezer market and is expected to reach USD 304-310 million by 2022.
- Asia-Pacific market is expected to be the fastest growing market, and expected to reach at USD 153-155 million by 2022.
- On the basis of type, upright ULT freezers segment holds largest market share.
- Europe ultra-low temperature freezer market is estimated to grow at a rate of 2.8% during the forecasted period 2017-2022
- Upright ULT freezers segment accounted for the largest market share
- Germany ultra-low temperature freezers market registering $ 39.55 million revenue in 2015
- Germany holds the largest market share in this region. Expected to reach 56 million by 2022
- The market for ULT freezer majorly comprises of Western Europe, and Eastern countries within Europe.
- And on the basis of end users Biobank, Academic and research institute and others.
- Europe Market is driven by the government taking footsteps for the safety of pharmaceutical preservation products and preservation of medical entities.
- Various bio-banks in Europe influencing the growth of the ULT freezer market with the help of Bio-bank that intends to improve the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of several of life-threatening diseases includes heart ailments, stroke, cancer, heart diseases, eye issue, diabetes, osteoporosis, tumor, depression and types of dementia.
- For the improvement of quality ULT freezers, market players are focusing on gaining certification for its key products and quality systems so that the majority of its products fulfil all current and upcoming regulatory requirements.
Technology Innovation and Trends
V Drive Technology
The V-Drive is designed to operate at a low speed to reduce energy consumption while maintaining a uniform temperature. When dealing with frequent door openings or when samples are added to the freezer, the control system detects the activity and increases the drive speed to bring temperatures quickly back to the set point.
Patented VIP Plus cabinet insulation slows warm-up during power outage, saves energy. The VIP ECO freezer represents a worldwide evaluation of ultra-low temperature cooling technologies that are tested with high purity natural refrigerants and combined with a new, innovative control platform, developed throughout the global Panasonic Healthcare research
The water-cooled condenser integrated in the ultra-low freezer also enables to save up to 18% in energy consumption. The energy efficient storage system intended for secure preservation of samples, has been reinforced by the integration of the refrigeration process with cool water to ensure higher performance, efficiency and uniformity as well as significant economic savings.
Automatic Energy Saving system reduces the consumption rates of the refrigerating unit as soon as the compressor use percentage reaches a predefined value. In this condition, the operating set point is temporarily and automatically increased by a value pre-set by the user; resetting takes place automatically at the defined conditions. The energy saving is at least -15%, in comparison with a standard ultra low freezer
Growing demand for eco-friendly products has led to development of natural refrigerant used in ULT freezers. Leading players such as Panasonic are entering into partnership with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ENERGY STAR program to promote its commitment towards providing energy efficient systems.
Choosing the Right Freezer & ULT Freezer
Purchasing decisions have been made by a combination of end users and procurement. The criteria for purchase have been the users' comfort with the brand, freezer features and procurements' ability to extract the largest possible discount. Other than the business perspective below are the key features to be looked at before the choice of ULT
- Chest freezers are more stable in temperature, due to the physics of cold air sinking and warm air rising.
- Smaller ULT freezers will have higher energy consumption per cubic foot; therefore a larger model can offer significant cost savings
- ULT freezers will work at their most efficient when kept in a stable cool ambient environment. Energy usage increases as ambient temperature increases; therefore an ambient temperature of 15 - 23°C is recommended
- Temperature stability throughout the freezer, good uniformity and quick temperature recovery times are essential.
- Consider the materials being stored, as some materials will need quick freezing and a stable temperature.
- An efficient racking system can maximize storage space whilst maintaining correct air flow and ensure the door remains open for the minimum amount of time
- ULT freezers are run continuously at very low temperatures; therefore they will always be high energy consumers.
- A full sized ULT freezer can often use up to 22 kWh per day, which can equate to over £800 per year running costs*.
- Technological advances such as improved compressor, insulation and cabinet design have resulted in better performance, significant gains in energy efficiency are often made by compromising thermal stability.