3D Printing Services
The 3D printing process builds a three-dimensional object from a computer-aided design (CAD) model, usually by successively adding material layer by layer.
AI-powered self-service platform for all your sourcing decision needs across 1,600+ categories llike 3D Printing Services.
Market Data, Sourcing & Supplier Intelligence, and Price & Cost Benchmarking.
3D Printing Services Market Monitoring Dashboard
Understand the correlation between costs, margins, and prices impacting your category on a real time basis on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
3D Printing Services Industry Benchmarks
The average annual savings achieved in 3D Printing Services category is 10.30%
The industry average payment terms in 3D Printing Services category for the current quarter is 105.0 days
Compare your category performance against peers and industry benchmarks across 20+ parameters on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Category Strategy and Flexibility
Price per Unit Competitiveness
Minimum Order Quality
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
Abi, the AI-powered digital assistant brings together data, insights, and intelligence for faster answers to sourcing questions
3D Printing Services Suppliers
Find the right-fit 3d printing services supplier for your specific business needs and filter by location, industry, category, revenue, certifications, and more on Beroe LiVE.Ai™.
Use the 3D Printing Services market, supplier and price information for category strategy creation and Quaterly Business Reviews (QRBs)
3D Printing Services market frequently asked questions
The aerospace, defense, and construction industries are the early adopters of 3D printing technology and are growing at an average CAGR of 15-25 percent. Fashion and energy are among the emerging industries that adopted the technology and are growing at an average CAGR of 15-25 percent. As per Beroe's 3D printing market trends and analysis reports, the mass customization offered by 3DP has been the predominant growth-driver for the fashion and energy industries.
3D printers are used in limited quantities for rapid prototyping and direct part manufacturing in the consumer electronics, medical devices, and aerospace sectors. They are also used to make functional and presentation models, pattern making on casting, and preparing new designs.
The supply market in the global 3D printing market is categorized into four types ' 3D printer manufacturers ' companies that supply 3D printers and associated maintenance services 3D manufacturing systems and service providers ' offer 3D systems as well as printing services Service providers ' only offer printing services CAD, 3D modeling, and design platforms providers ' These companies offer tools, software packages, which help in creating, editing, and sharing CAD files
The industries that have been adopting 3DP and contributing to the market growth are aerospace, defense, industrial construction, jewelry and fashion industries, automotive industry, etc.
3D Printing Services market report transcript
Global Market Outlook on 3D Printing Services
- Increasing investment in advanced manufacturing technologies, growing automotive industry, presence of major players, and a stable economy are propelling the additive manufacturing market revenue in North America.
- The highest demand in Europe comes from small and medium-sized businesses (SMB) that require high-speed, reliable, and low-cost prototypes.
- Strong demand for 3D printing hardware in China, the government promotion of new-age technologies in manufacturing, and rising demand for customized products are key driving factors in Asia.
- The significant reduction in manufacturing cost will help push the 3D printing market even further, thereby allowing 3D printing services to take place on a global scale.
3D Printing Market Analysis: Drivers and Constraints
Rising Government Investments
3D printing technology is opening the doors for digital reimagining for the worldwide industry, economically and scientifically. For countries to comprehend the significant value of 3D printing in the digitized ecosystem, large-scale government participation is a must. Policymakers and private companies across the globe are making huge investments to set up a sustainable 3D printing environment.
Increasing Adoption of 3D Printed Components
Industrial 3D printing makes it simpler for product engineers and designers to develop faster, cheaper, and efficient articulate components. Aerospace, automotive, and defense industries are considerably banking on 3D printing technology to bolster the production process and curb expenses. In the defense and automotive industries, 3D printing is utilized to produce lightweight electronic parts. Further, the healthcare industry is leveraging technology to develop prosthetics, tissues, and medical implants.
High Initial Investments
The major factor hampering the growth of the 3D printing services market is the high initial investments related to it. Developing lightweight and articulate components with industrial 3D printing requires software, hardware, and materials. As such, the costs relevant to developing the necessary parts increase.
3DP Major Technology Overview
- Use of a thin, plastic-based filament, which is heated and extruded through a print head.
- FDM is also known as material extrusion or FFF or PJP.
- It is the least expensive technology.
- Building object layers from a liquid polymer resin using ultraviolet light to cure or harden the material.
- SLA is also known as vat polymerization, vat photopolymerization.
- It was invented first.
- Uses a laser to form three-dimensional shapes from a powder material (including metal, ceramic, and plastic).
- LS is also known as powder bed fusion and EBM.
- It is the most expensive technology.
Supply Market Overview
The supply market in the 3DP industry is of four types:
- 3D printer manufacturers: Company, which supplies 3D printers and associated maintenance services. These companies do not offer outsourcing printing services
- 3D manufacturing systems and service providers: These companies offer printing services along with the 3D systems.
- Service providers: These suppliers offer only printing services, i.e., contract manufacturers.
- CAD, 3D modeling, and design platforms providers: These companies offer tools, software packages, which help in creating, editing, and sharing CAD files.
Industries Adopting 3DP and Growth Rates
- Aerospace, defense, and industrial construction are the early adopters of 3D printing technology.
- The prototype was one of the first applications of 3D printing and today there is a visible shift towards functional part manufacturing and tools.
- The manufacturing process downtime is another reason for the further growth of the 3D printing market.
- In terms of end-use, the aerospace and industrial sector use 18% of 3DP each while healthcare uses 15% of 3DP.
- Jewelry and fashion industries are growing at a greater pace, due to huge customization requirements.
- Prosthetics and implants are driving the demand in the medical and healthcare industry. Bio-printing is its field of research.
- Development in metal additive manufacturing is the prime reason for the growth in the aerospace and defense industry
- The automotive industry is still using this technology for prototyping.
- 3DP is predominantly used for direct part production, to make functional and presentation models.
- Desktop 3D printers will witness a rise in growth due to an increase in demand from sectors such as education, jewelry, and consumer products.
Why Should You Buy This Report?
This report on the 3D printing services market contains:
- A meticulous overview of the general market outlook
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis of the 3D printing industry trends, drivers, and restraints
- Comprehensive segmentation of the market and a fragmented assessment of each category and sub-category
- Extensive analysis of the regional and competitive dynamics driving the 3D printing market over the forecast period.