ATM Services Australia
AI-powered self-service platform for all your sourcing decision needs across 1,200+ categories like ATM Services Australia.
Market Data, Sourcing & Supplier Intelligence, and Price & Cost Benchmarking.Schedule a Demo
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
Abi, the AI-powered digital assistant brings together data, insights, and intelligence for faster answers to sourcing questions
Abi is now supercharged with GPT4 AI engine. Enjoy the ease of ChatGPT, now on Abi
ATM Services Australia Suppliers
Find the right-fit atm services australia supplier for your specific business needs and filter by location, industry, category, revenue, certifications, and more on Beroe LiVE.Ai™.Schedule a Demo
ATM Services Australia market report transcript
Regional Market Outlook on ATM Services Australia
APAC is the fastest growing market in the industry, with India and China leading, in terms of the number of deployments, this is because the countries are taking fast phase in moving to digital economy
Demand for ATM service is expected to remain low for the region due to high adoption of cashless practices
Revenue: $4.96 billion,
Growth Rate (2021): 4–5 percent
Regional ATM Services Market Maturity
Due to COVID-19, ATM services began seeing a decrease in transaction volumes of varying degrees across its network, depending on location. As the pandemic reduced and travel restrictions and social distancing orders are withdrawn, the demand for ATM industry is slowly increasing.
- Asia region was not affected much compared to Europe & North America initially. However, current trends shows that many service providers are expected to have cost constrains due to lockdowns
Regional Market Outlook : APAC
Market Size (2021) - $4.96 billion
Locations with High Maturity - Japan, Singapore, Australia, and New Zealand
Maturity of Service Providers - Scattered presence of global service providers and regional service providers. Local service providers are very high in this region.
Maturity of Buyers - Most buyers are trying to switch to regional suppliers to consolidate their supplier base.
Supply Market Outlook
Supply Trends and Insights
Supplier Market Trends
Introduction of Self-Service Solutions
To assist Financial institutions in branch transformation and automation, self service solutions are being rolled out by service providers that provide cash recycle(deposit & withdrawal), check deposits, coin dispensers, financial solutions and products, video assisted tellers that provide round the clock, personalized banking solutions
Increasing ATM Availability and Reducing Stock-out Downtime
- Enhanced cash recirculation functionalities and accurate forecasting of cash demand are some of the key trends to ensure that ATMs are provisioned with the right amount of cash needed and avoidance of out-of-cash downtime
- Automated fault-detection systems, integrated servicing and replenishment schedules and centralized ATM software environments are some of the cost reduction techniques
- Suppliers are implementing card readers with EMV/chip recognition, card less transactions through biometrics, mobile application-based NFC, to reduce the risk of card skimming & other threats
Managed Services for FIs
- Large non-bank ATM and financial services kiosk operator, who offer lower costs and an established operating history, generally contract with FIs and banks to manage their ATM networks
Most adopted engagement model is the “Turnkey ATM Program”
The service provider owns the ATM and performs all operational tasks including cash management and loading, supply replacement, maintenance, customer care, and processing
–Key benefit: These turnkey service providers are well established suppliers in the market, providing integrated services to buyers and have proven experience in providing the turnkey solutions
–Limitation: Turnkey suppliers do not offer the entire range of OEM’s models. They have certain models and those are offered as a part of bundled service. Mostly, the ATM models are basic, low-cost models
Best Practices: Contract Bid Negotiation
- The RFP structure assumes a fairly open bid process. In this approach, buyers disclose as much information as possible to ensure that service providers provide a fully informed solution. This approach enables negotiation of firm pricing, and mitigates receiving offers conditional on post deal due diligence
A good RFP needs to incorporate a detailed bid template, which itemises all service delivery resources. Personnel should be individually listed along with their associated salary information. Sub-contracted services should also be itemized
The RFP should include detailed information about the buyer’s site, assets that are maintained, and the current service delivery solution. A clear understanding of the buyer’s expectations will help the service provider to develop a suitable solution for service delivery
During contract negotiations, service providers may be concerned about uncontrollable expenses for a number of services, especially in hard services spend categories. Sometimes, service providers ask for these spend areas to be exempted from the maximum price controls. Unfortunately, removing price controls may lead to higher risks for buyers, and lesser incentive for service providers, to manage and deliver services efficiently
Broader the scope of work, the more reasonable it is for service providers to accept the risk of uncontrollable spend categories. When the service portfolio is large, the risk of a single event resulting in cost overruns is reduced, due to the high volume of services outsourced
Australia ATM Market Overview
According to the Australian ATM industry statistics, most adopted engagement model is the “Turnkey ATM Program”.
The service provider owns the ATM and performs all operational tasks, including cash management and loading, supply replacement, maintenance, customer care, and processing
These turnkey service providers are well established players in the market, providing integrated services to buyers and have proven experience in providing turnkey solutions
Turnkey suppliers do not offer the entire range of OEM models. They have certain models and those are offered as a part of bundled service. Mostly, ATMs are basic, low-cost models
ATM providers in Australia must ensure availability ratio of ATM at 98% for all services covered under the maintenance contract. For availability ratio lower than 98%, penalty points should be calculated and deductions should be made off the monthly maintenance fee/ATM x Number of ATMs impacted.
During contract negotiations, ATM providers in Australia may be concerned about uncontrollable expenses for a number of services, especially in hard services spend categories.
Sometimes, service providers ask for these spend areas to be exempted from maximum price controls.
Unfortunately, removing price controls may lead to higher risks for buyers, and lesser incentive for service providers to manage and deliver services efficiently
The ATM services contract is the first legal relationship with a new/existing service provider. A well-written contract is essential for maintaining a smooth relationship with a service provider and will also help the buyer in avoiding cost overruns.
Why You Should Buy This Report
- Information on the Australia ATM services market maturity, buyer trends, drivers and constraints, Australia ATM industry statistics, etc.
- Porter’s five forces analysis of the Australia ATM market
- Technological trends, supply trends and insights, categorization and product portfolio of key ATM providers Australia
- Engagement models, sourcing models, pricing models, price analysis, etc.
Discover the world of market intelligence and how it can elevate your business strategies.
Learn more about how market intelligence can enable informed decision-making, help identify growth opportunities, manage risks, and shape your business's strategic direction.