Global Market Outlook on DevOps
DevOps helps to improve collaboration between application development, operations, and quality assurance teams to enable continuous integration,testing and delivery of an application.The DevOps market size is expected to grow from USD 2.90 billion in 2017 to USD 10.31 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 23.54% during the forecast period.
Best Practices : DevOps Team Composition
- The following job roles with responsibilities and skillsets that are required for an organization to form the foundation necessary for DevOps
- Not every DevOps enviroment contains these roles, the important component that needs to be addressed are communication and collaboration amongst team members, regardless of which roles are involved.
Advocates for DevOps benefit by determining key value that IT can provide to the business.
Addresses coordination and management of the organization’s projects and products.
Designs, implements, and analyzes continuous deployment strategies.
Completes business requirements as well as monitors and tests code.
Experience Assurance (XA) Professional
Monitors the release of new features and prioritizes the user experience.
Coordinates with other team members to ensure that security is always priority.
Best Practices: KPI Measurements of the DevOps Team Structure
Deployment Frequency: How many deployments occur per day? Is the number aligned with the organization’s goal?
Security & Quality: Are the security and quality standards of projects aligned with the organization’s standards?
Volume of Errors/Bugs: What is the percentage volume of errors and bugs that occur? How long does it take for teams to address them?
Certain organizations face challenges while building the DevOps Team Structure,due to their inability to maintain proper communication, collaboration and building reusable assets.An organization must look for two key components in order to build a DevOps Structure with in an organization:
Best Practices : Selection of Appropriate Tools for the DevOps Team Structure
There are many DevOps tools available in the market, which allow organizations to build, test,deliver,and deploy.Below are the key list of top DevOps tools that can enable a successful DevOps adoption.
Source Code Repository (Source code management)
- Description: To store various versions of software code in a defined directory structure
- DevOps Tools: Docker Hub, Artifactory, npm, ProGet, NuGet
Code Development and Review
- Description: An automation tool that compiles the code in the source code repository into executable code base
- DevOps Tools: Maven, gradle, Grunt, Apache Ant, Make, Rails, Scons, Hudson, UrbanCode Build, Nant, Cmake, Gulp, Webpack, BuildMaster, Buildr, sbt, LuntBuild, Visual Build, Meister
Build – Continuous Integration Tools
- Description: To obtain an immediate feedback by regularly merging developed code
- DevOps Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, GitLab, Nevercode, Semaphore, harness, Visual Studio, Solano labs, Shippable, Snap, Cruisecontrol, Circleci, Continuum, Code fresh, ProductionMap
Continuous Testing Tools
- Description: Test failure will be addressed via a clear workflow for prioritizing defects vs. business risks and addressing the most critical ones first
- DevOps Tools: Cucumber, SonarQube, Katalon, Jasmine, TestNG, Perfecto, FitNesse, Appium, behat, Flood IO, cobertura, Cypress, Pytest, Mocha, SoapUI, GenRocket