DevOps is an agile software development practice to reduce the time to develop and release a software
AI-powered self-service platform for all your sourcing decision needs across 1,600+ categories llike DevOps.
Market Data, Sourcing & Supplier Intelligence, and Price & Cost Benchmarking.
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
Abi, the AI-powered digital assistant brings together data, insights, and intelligence for faster answers to sourcing questions
Find the right-fit devops supplier for your specific business needs and filter by location, industry, category, revenue, certifications, and more on Beroe LiVE.Ai™.
Use the DevOps market, supplier and price information for category strategy creation and Quaterly Business Reviews (QRBs)
DevOps market frequently asked questions
According to Beroe's DevOps market research report, the DevOps market size in 2017 was USD 2.90 billion and is expected to grow to USD 10.31 billion by 2023.
The global DevOps market growth is expected to be at a CAGR of 23.54% during the forecast period between 2017 to 2023 as indicated from Beroe's market intelligence reports.
Below mentioned are some of the job roles that an organization needs to set the right foundations for DevOps. - DevOps Evangelist ' determines the key value that IT can offer to the business - Release Manager ' coordinates and manages the organization's projects - Automation Architect - handles the designs and implementations of deployment strategies - Software Developer/ Tester ' handles the coding and testing requirements of the business - Experience Assurance Professional ' takes care of features and user experience - Security Engineer ' prioritizes security aspects of the business
From Beroe's DevOps market analysis, the two components that need to be addressed to build a DevOps structure within an organization, irrespective of the DevOps trends or job roles involved are communication and collaboration among team members.
The following are the KPIs in a DevOps team structure. Deployment frequency ' whether the number of deployments in a day is aligned with the business objectives Security and quality ' whether the security and quality match the firm's standards Volume of errors or bugs ' the volume and frequency of bugs that occur and the time it takes to resolve them
DevOps market report transcript
Global Market Outlook on DevOps
DevOps helps to improve collaboration between application development, operations, and quality assurance teams to enable continuous integration,testing and delivery of an application.The DevOps market size is expected to grow from USD 2.90 billion in 2017 to USD 10.31 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 23.54% during the forecast period.
Best Practices: DevOps Team Composition
- The following job roles with responsibilities and skillsets that are required for an organization to form the foundation necessary for DevOps
- Not every DevOps enviroment contains these roles, the important component that needs to be addressed are communication and collaboration amongst team members, regardless of which roles are involved.
Advocates for DevOps benefit by determining key value that IT can provide to the business.
Addresses coordination and management of the organization's projects and products.
Designs, implements, and analyzes continuous deployment strategies.
Completes business requirements as well as monitors and tests code.
Experience Assurance (XA) Professional
Monitors the release of new features and prioritizes the user experience.
Coordinates with other team members to ensure that security is always priority.
Best Practices: KPI Measurements of the DevOps Team Structure
Deployment Frequency: How many deployments occur per day? Is the number aligned with the organization's goal?
Security & Quality: Are the security and quality standards of projects aligned with the organization's standards?
Volume of Errors/Bugs: What is the percentage volume of errors and bugs that occur? How long does it take for teams to address them?
Certain organizations face challenges while building the DevOps Team Structure,due to their inability to maintain proper communication, collaboration and building reusable assets.An organization must look for two key components in order to build a DevOps Structure with in an organization:
Best Practices: Selection of Appropriate Tools for the DevOps Team Structure
There are many DevOps tools available in the market, which allow organizations to build, test,deliver,and deploy.Below are the key list of top DevOps tools that can enable a successful DevOps adoption.
Source Code Repository (Source code management)
- Description: To store various versions of software code in a defined directory structure
- DevOps Tools: Docker Hub, Artifactory, npm, ProGet, NuGet
Code Development and Review
- Description: An automation tool that compiles the code in the source code repository into executable code base
- DevOps Tools: Maven, gradle, Grunt, Apache Ant, Make, Rails, Scons, Hudson, UrbanCode Build, Nant, Cmake, Gulp, Webpack, BuildMaster, Buildr, sbt, LuntBuild, Visual Build, Meister
Build – Continuous Integration Tools
- Description: To obtain an immediate feedback by regularly merging developed code
- DevOps Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, GitLab, Nevercode, Semaphore, harness, Visual Studio, Solano labs, Shippable, Snap, Cruisecontrol, Circleci, Continuum, Code fresh, ProductionMap
Continuous Testing Tools
- Description: Test failure will be addressed via a clear workflow for prioritizing defects vs. business risks and addressing the most critical ones first
- DevOps Tools: Cucumber, SonarQube, Katalon, Jasmine, TestNG, Perfecto, FitNesse, Appium, behat, Flood IO, cobertura, Cypress, Pytest, Mocha, SoapUI, GenRocket