Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) Market Overview
The global PCB and PCBA (Printed Circuit Board Assembly) market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3–4 percent to reach $66.6 billion by 2020. This growth is driven by the likely rise in demand from the automotive and electronic industries in the Asian countries. The APAC region, contributing to more than 90 percent of the global production, is expected to be a key influencing factor for the PCBA market by 2020.
- The printed circuit board market share by end-use industry are:
- 30% Business/Retail/Computers
- 28% Communications/Telecom
- 20% Consumer Electronics
- 9% Industrial/Medical
- 10% Automotive
- 3% Government/Military/Defense
- Printed circuit board market research shows that the global PCB market is already in a stage of technical maturity and in the long term there are no foreseeable technical substitutes available
- Rivalry among the top players is high, as they account for 30 percent of the printed circuit boards industry
- The printed circuit board cost drivers are Size of the Board, Build/Complexity, Number of Layers, Holes (Size & Quantity), Technical Factors
- The global PCB market is fragmented with the top 10 suppliers accounting for 36 percent of the global market. About 91 percent of the global PCB and PCBA production is concentrated in APAC. With a shift in manufacturing base of end-use industries to countries, like China, Taiwan, South Korea, etc., is expected to lead to further concentration in 2019-2020.
- Printed circuit board cost, time, and material utilization are the other key factors driving the technological developments in the global industry.
Printed Circuit Boards - Global Market Trends
- The global PCB and PCBA market is expected to reach to $77.73 billion by 2020, driven by the likely rise in demand from automotive and electronic industries in the Asian countries.
- The Americas' PCB and PCBA market at $3.53 billion in 2018 are growing at a CAGR of 1-2 percent.
- APAC, contributing to more than 90 percent of the global production, is expected to be a key influencing factor for the PCBA market during 2017-2020.
- China leads the PCB production in the APAC, accounting for 50 percent of the global production in 2018, followed by Taiwan with 12.6 percent, and South Korea with 11.6 percent.
- Demand growth in end-use sectors in China, Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea are expected to be the key driving factors for the global PCB and PCBA market during 2018–2020. Presence of major electronics manufacturers like Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, etc, in these countries, is expected to contribute to the growth. Other emerging countries in the APAC region, in terms of PCB production, include Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam
- The shift in manufacturing base of major electronic and communication manufacturers to low-cost countries like China, Taiwan, South Korea is expected to support the demand for PCBs and PCBAs in the APAC during 2017–2018.
- Environmental rules and laws set by governments of various countries are expected to support the growth in recycling of PCBs during 2017–2020
- According to IPC, PCB bookings in North America have witnessed a steady increase during 2018–2019, primarily due to increase in automobile demand.
- The Medium and Low Market Maturity Regions for the PCB market are Europe, South America, Africa and the High Market Maturity Regions are North America and APAC
- Key Market Driver of the printed circuit board market are Widespread Digitalization, Growth in Recycling of PCB and PCB Design Developments
- Top Global Key Suppliers in the global PCB market are Nippon Mektron, ZD Tech, TTM Technologies, Unimicron and Sumitomo Denko
Why should you Buy this Report
The report provides a comprehensive regional market overview of the regions in North America, Europe, MEA, and APAC. It also addresses the Porter's Five Forces Analysis of PCB & PCBA markets. The report further covers the industry drivers and constraints as well as the cost structure analysis of the PCB and PCBA market. It also elaborates on the key global suppliers such as Nippon Mektron Ltd., Zhen Ding Technology Holding Ltd., TTM Technologies, and Unimicron Technologies Corp. along with their SWOT analysis. It further identifies engagement models, contract descriptions and payment options for high volume products, low volume products and prototypes and technological development existing in the PCB market.
The Printed Circuit Board Market Research Report details the different sourcing channels for high volume and low volume-based industries and does a price driver analysis too. The report mentions the global market share held by suppliers.
Methodology for writing this Report
Beroe gathers intelligence through primary sources that include industry experts, researchers, and consultants, as well as current suppliers, producers and distributors. Secondary sources can include business journals, newsletters, magazines, market research data, company sources, and industry associations. Following data collation, analysis, and strategic review, the Final Research Report is published on Beroe LiVE.
Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) Market Trends
Category Intelligence on Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) covers the following
- Information relating to market, supply, cost, and pricing analysis
- Hard to find data on cost and TCO models, supplier details, and performance benchmarks
- Macroeconomic and regional trends impacting cost, supply, and other market dynamics
- Category-specific negotiation and sourcing advice