Connectors Market Trends
Category Intelligence on Connectors covers the following
- Information relating to market, supply, cost, and pricing analysis
- Hard to find data on cost and TCO models, supplier details, and performance benchmarks
- Macroeconomic and regional trends impacting cost, supply, and other market dynamics
- Category-specific negotiation and sourcing advice
Industry Outlook & Drivers
Global Market Outlook on Connectors
APAC would continue to dominate the global connector market, with China being the largest connector manufacturing region.Increased demand for connectivity, convenience, and advanced product features is resulting in increased electronic content in the end-use devices and thereby driving the demand for connectors, globally. Telecommunication and automotive are expected to be the predominant end-use demand market for connectors
According to trend market research the Global Connector Market Size (2019E): $69.6 Billion USD and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5-6 percent by 2022.
Top global suppliers (% of global connectors revenue for 2018) are TE Connectivity - 15.6 percent, Amphenol - 11 percent, and Molex Incorporated - 8.7 percent.
According to business intelligence connector market end-use industries (fastest-growing) are automotive, Telecommunication and Aerospace and Military.
The impactful cost components in the global connector market are Raw Materials: 35 - 42 percent, Labor: 25 - 28 percent, Energy: 8 - 10 percent, Overheads: 22 - 26 percent.
Global Connector Market Maturity
APAC is expected to remain the largest connector market, globally. This is predominantly driven by the presence of large number of connector manufacturers in China. The high growth in the region is expected to be offset by the contraction of connector market in Japan
Global Connector Market Growth Trend & End-use
- The global connector market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2–3 percent in the upcoming years.
- This growth is expected to be primarily driven by the increased electronic content in automotive production. Other high growth industries include telecommunication, industrial, and military applications
- The global connectors market was estimated to be around $60.11 billion for the year 2017 and witnessed an increase of 11 percent as compared to the previous year
- The connector market is expected to reach $72.26 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 2–3 percent in the forecast period. The growth of connector market is expected to be driven by the Automotive and the Telecom industry, which are expected to witness positive growth in the forecast period
- The connector market is expected to witness continued consolidation primarily driven by an increased interest by Chinese companies on overseas acquisitions
Global Connectors Driver and Constraints
- Demand for connectivity, convenience, and advanced product features is resulting in increased electronic content in the end-use devices. Increased functionality of applications is resulting in rapid advances in the new product development and thereby driving the demand for connectors
- Increased convergence of product is resulting in more electrical devices offering broad-based functionality. E.g., the increased convergence of connectors used in consumer electronics, mobile devices, and other infotainment devices
- Growing demand for electronic content in automotive industry at consumer level especially in North America, Europe, and China is driving the demand for connector market
- Rapid innovation in the technology industry is resulting in the price erosion of products in the end-use industries, which in turn is resulting in pricing pressure on the connector manufacturers
- Volatility in the raw material prices such as copper and gold coupled with the rising labor wage rates in the developing nations is resulting in increased pressure on the manufacturer's profit margins
- Slowdown of the economic activity especially in Europe, China, and Japan is another constraint for the connector market. In addition, lower demand from computer, industrial, and consumer sectors due to cautious consumption by businesses and individuals is expected to affect the growth of overall connector industry
- The connectors market share is as follows: North America $14.4 billion, growing at ~3-5 percent, Europe $14.5 billion, growing at ~2-4 percent, China $22.3 billion, growing at ~4-6 percent, and APAC (exc. China) $10.1billion, growing at ~3-5 percent.
- Global connector market is highly raw material and labor intensive. Currently, there is no technology or product that provides an alternative to connectors from end-use/application point of view.
- Copper, gold or palladium (for electroplating) and plastics are the major raw materials and are abundantly available
- Increased levels of consolidation are being witnessed in the industry. Many established players have made significant overseas acquisition to gain the connectors market share.
Why You Should Buy This Report
- The report gives details on the connectors market share, size, growth trends and drivers and constraints.
- This trend market research report provides information on the regional connector market (China, North America and APAC) and the Porter’s five force analysis of the global connector market.
- It details the supplier market share and gives SWOT analysis of major suppliers in the connectors market like TE Connectivity, Amphenol, Molex Incorporated, etc.
- The report provides the cost breakup and price trend, forecast and price driver’s analysis.
- It lists out the best practices in the connector market.