Connectors are electromechanical devices that are used to join multiple components and form an electrical circuit. Connectors have male-ends (plugs) and female-ends (jacks) which are used to form a permanent or temporary connection based on requirement.
AI-powered self-service platform for all your sourcing decision needs across 1,600+ categories llike Connectors.
Market Data, Sourcing & Supplier Intelligence, and Price & Cost Benchmarking.
Connectors Market Monitoring Dashboard
Understand the correlation between costs, margins, and prices impacting your category on a real time basis on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Connectors Industry Benchmarks
The average annual savings achieved in Connectors category is 12.00%
The industry average payment terms in Connectors category for the current quarter is 120.0 days
Compare your category performance against peers and industry benchmarks across 20+ parameters on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Category Strategy and Flexibility
Price per Unit Competitiveness
Minimum Order Quality
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
Abi, the AI-powered digital assistant brings together data, insights, and intelligence for faster answers to sourcing questions
Find the right-fit connectors supplier for your specific business needs and filter by location, industry, category, revenue, certifications, and more on Beroe LiVE.Ai™.
Use the Connectors market, supplier and price information for category strategy creation and Quaterly Business Reviews (QRBs)
Connectors market report transcript
Global Market Outlook on Connectors
APAC would continue to dominate the global connector market, with China being the largest connector manufacturing region
Increased demand for connectivity, convenience, and advanced product features is resulting in increased electronic content in the end-use devices, and thereby, driving the demand for connectors, globally. Telecommunication and automotive are expected to be the predominant end-use demand market for connectors
Global Connector Market Maturity
APAC is expected to remain the largest connector market, globally. This is predominantly driven by the presence of large number of connector manufacturers in China. The high growth in the region is expected to be offset by the contraction of connector market in Japan
Global Connector Market Growth Trend & End-use
- The global connector market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2–3 percent in the upcoming years.
- This growth is expected to be primarily driven by the increased electronic content in automotive production. Other high growth industries include telecommunication, industrial, and military applications
- The global connectors market was estimated to be around $60.11 billion for the year 2017 and witnessed an increase of 11 percent as compared to the previous year
- The connector market is expected to reach $72.26 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 2–3 percent in the forecast period. The growth of connector market is expected to be driven by the Automotive and the Telecom industry, which are expected to witness positive growth in the forecast period
- The connector market is expected to witness continued consolidation primarily driven by an increased interest by Chinese companies on overseas acquisitions
Global Connectors Driver and Constraints
- Demand for connectivity, convenience, and advanced product features is resulting in increased electronic content in the end-use devices. Increased functionality of applications is resulting in rapid advances in the new product development and thereby driving the demand for connectors
- Increased convergence of product is resulting in more electrical devices offering broad-based functionality. E.g., the increased convergence of connectors used in consumer electronics, mobile devices, and other infotainment devices
- Growing demand for electronic content in automotive industry at consumer level especially in North America, Europe, and China is driving the demand for connector market
- Rapid innovation in the technology industry is resulting in the price erosion of products in the end-use industries, which in turn is resulting in pricing pressure on the connector manufacturers
- Volatility in the raw material prices such as copper and gold coupled with the rising labor wage rates in the developing nations is resulting in increased pressure on the manufacturer's profit margins
- Slowdown of the economic activity especially in Europe, China, and Japan is another constraint for the connector market. In addition, lower demand from computer, industrial, and consumer sectors due to cautious consumption by businesses and individuals is expected to affect the growth of overall connector industry
- The connectors market share is as follows: North America $14.4 billion, growing at ~3-5 percent, Europe $14.5 billion, growing at ~2-4 percent, China $22.3 billion, growing at ~4-6 percent, and APAC (exc. China) $10.1billion, growing at ~3-5 percent.
- Global connector market is highly raw material and labor intensive. Currently, there is no technology or product that provides an alternative to connectors from end-use/application point of view.
- Copper, gold or palladium (for electroplating) and plastics are the major raw materials and are abundantly available
- Increased levels of consolidation are being witnessed in the industry. Many established players have made significant overseas acquisition to gain the connectors market share.
Why You Should Buy This Report
- The report gives details on the connectors market share, size, growth trends and drivers and constraints.
- This trend market research report provides information on the regional connector market (China, North America and APAC) and the Porter’s five force analysis of the global connector market.
- It details the supplier market share and gives SWOT analysis of major suppliers in the connectors market like TE Connectivity, Amphenol, Molex Incorporated, etc.
- The report provides the cost breakup and price trend, forecast and price driver’s analysis.
- It lists out the best practices in the connector market.