Recycled Kraft Paper Price Trend India
Qualitative analysis of Kraft paper price trends over 3 years has been analyzed in the report. Price changes in key raw material recovered paper and the impact of China ban is also covered in the report. Overall the report helps to understand the trends in Kraft paper maret in India with regards to prices, demand and supply and key raw material
AI-powered self-service platform for all your sourcing decision needs across 1,200+ categories like Recycled Kraft Paper Price Trend India.
Market Data, Sourcing & Supplier Intelligence, and Price & Cost Benchmarking.Schedule a Demo
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
Abi, the AI-powered digital assistant brings together data, insights, and intelligence for faster answers to sourcing questions
Abi is now supercharged with GPT4 AI engine. Enjoy the ease of ChatGPT, now on Abi
Recycled Kraft Paper Price Trend India Suppliers
Find the right-fit recycled kraft paper price trend india supplier for your specific business needs and filter by location, industry, category, revenue, certifications, and more on Beroe LiVE.Ai™.Schedule a Demo
Recycled Kraft Paper Price Trend India market frequently asked questions
The global production size of the kraft paper market is expected to be 6.21 MT.
The major players in the kraft paper industry are Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana in India due to the presence of mills.
The latest trends in the kraft paper business are the emerging opportunity of export business for Indian paper mills and the rising demands. With a low recovery rate of recovered paper, the domestic supply is getting a hit. With China's ban on waste paper, the global market has also faced a hit.
The kraft paper industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.3% by 2020.
The key drivers of the kraft paper business include the regulations by China banning waste paper, rising demand from exports, higher demands from end-use industries such as ecommerce, FMCG, consumer durables, and agriculture, and the increasing income levels, growing per capita income, and greater segment of income earning population.
Recycled Kraft Paper Price Trend India market report transcript
Regional Market Outlook on Recycled Kraft Paper Price Trend
Kraft paper is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 9.3 percent from 2018-2020 . The market is highly fragmented in nature. Most of mills are located in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana. For Indian paper mills, export business are emerging as an opportunity due to high margins and is expected to grow further due to increasing demands.
Kraft Paper Raw Material – Supply & Demand
In India, the recovery rate of recovered paper is less around 25-27 percent, the remaining is being imported making domestic supply less than the demand. India mainly imports from the US followed by Europe and Middle East, so, any fluctuations is imported raw material prices are expected to impact the prices . The Chinese Government's ban on waste paper have resulted a drop in prices at global level.
- China Regulation: Ban on waste paper in China is , currently one of the major market drivers for India making supply more than demand and decrease in recovered paper prices globally
- Exports: Increasing demand from exports; which have increased from last year and is mainly exported to China, SriLanka, Middle East and is expected to increase further
- End-Use Industries: Strong demands from end-use industries such as E-Commerce, FMCG, Consumer Durables, Agriculture, Electronics, etc.
- Income & Expenditure: Rising disposable income levels , growing per capita expenditure and a larger segment of earning population is expected to increase demand
Kraft Paper Cost Drivers - India
Raw Material Cost
In India, waste or recovered paper is the major raw material and accounts for 60-70 percent of the total kraft paper production cost. Fluctuations in imported or domestic price is directly affecting the Kraft Paper prices. Price hikes in recovered paper had a severe impact on kraft paper thereby increasing a shoot in the prices is 2017
In India, paper mills are still dependent upon coal for electricity generation which is majorly being imported from Indonesia and South Africa. The imported coal prices had increased in 2017 and has also witnessed a price hike in 2018 until September. Since utility costs comprises of 5-6 percent of the production cost, so increase in utility cost will have a medium impact on price increase as compared to waste paper.
Demand and Supply Dynamics
Demand from domestic and exports consumption is also another factor which might have a high impact on kraft paper price if the market conditions are tight. According to Indian paper mills , exports of kraft paper have increased drastically in 2018 due to high margins and demand from countries such as China, Sri Lanka, Middle East, African Countries. Ban on waste paper in China due to environmental regulation and the US-China trade war are expected to be one of the reasons for high demand from these countries especially China
Strengthening of USD against INR will also have an impact on the domestic price as compared to waste paper price. Until October 2018, the USD-INR exchange rate increased by 11 percent when compared to 2017, however, the current prices of Kraft Paper are lower than the previous year due to decrease in recovered paper prices
Recovered Paper Imports & Price Trends
With the growing Indian economy and the increasing demand, India imports a large quantity of recovered or waste paper. In 2018, Kraft paper prices have stabilized after a period of high volatility due to sudden hike in raw material prices last year. 2018 is an unprecedented boom for Indian manufacturers due to lower waste or recovered paper prices.
- In 2017, recovered or waste paper imports increased by only 3.6 percent due to sudden hike in prices which further led to low demands from Indian paper mills. However, the market has stabilized compared to last year and imports have increased by 21 percent. This is due to drop down in imported recovered or waste paper prices and secondly, demand for kraft paper have increased a lot in 2018 due to growing export business and is expected to increase further in near future according some of the paper mills in India
- Approximately 40 percent of the recovered or waste paper is imported from the US followed by UK, UAE, Saudi Arabia
- India witnessed a price hike of ~20 percent in imported recovered or waste paper in 2017 while the prices have decreased by~10-11 percent in 2018. The prices are expected to remain stable due to availability of raw material. Chinese ban on waste paper is expected to be one of the reasons
Discover the world of market intelligence and how it can elevate your business strategies.
Learn more about how market intelligence can enable informed decision-making, help identify growth opportunities, manage risks, and shape your business's strategic direction.