Creative Advertising Market Overview
The spend of the global advertising industry is split into media planning & buying (65-90 percent) and creative advertising (10-35 percent). Regions such as North America, Europe, and certain parts of the APAC are the most mature markets due to innovation in services and high adaptability to digital media and evolving technologies. Service providers are witnessing higher engagement with buyers who expect best practices across creative advertising contracts, particularly in regions such as North America and Europe. The global creative advertising industry is driven by trends such as rising digital spends, production decoupling, and increasing customization in advertising.
Suppliers are also investing in improving their supply capability by adopting performance-based metrics for monitoring and evaluation of performance. The report also discusses the global drivers and constraints of the creative advertising industry. It also provides a regional market outlook on regions such as North America, Australia, Europe, and the APAC. It also explores the industrial outlook on the creative advertising industry, along with Porter's five forces analysis.
Beroe gathers advertising market intelligence through primary sources that include industry experts, researchers, and consultants, as well as current suppliers, producers and distributors. Secondary sources can include business journals, newsletters, magazines, market research data, company sources, and industry associations. Following data collation, analysis, and strategic review, the Final Research Report is published on Beroe LiVE.
Creative Advertising Market Trends
Category Intelligence on Creative Advertising covers the following
- Information relating to market, supply, cost, and pricing analysis
- Hard to find data on cost and TCO models, supplier details, and performance benchmarks
- Macroeconomic and regional trends impacting cost, supply, and other market dynamics
- Category-specific negotiation and sourcing advice
Industry Outlook & Drivers
Creative Advertising Global Market Outlook
Overall advertising spend is split into media planning and buying (65–90 percent) and creative advertising (10–35 percent)
As of 2019, the global ad spend is estimated to be valued at approximately $600 billion, with a growth of 5%
The strength of digital spend continues to be the key growth driver of the global advertising market. The major contribution to this growth is likely to come from impressions and clicks on mobile devices
- North America, Europe and certain parts of Asia Pacific (APAC) are the most mature, due to innovation in services, high adaptability to the evolving technologies and digital media
Creative Advertising Global Market Trends
- The major trends in global creative industry are rising digital spend (expected to reach a 50–51 percent of advertising spend), production decoupling and increasing customization of advertisements
- Suppliers are improving their supply capability by adopting performance-based metrics for evaluation and monitoring their performance
Creative Advertising Global Drivers and Constraints
The increasing importance of digital channels and major events (the US presidential elections, the Rio 2016 Olympics and Paralympics, as well as the UEFA EURO 2016 football championship) were the major drivers of the advertising industry.
Supply Market Outlook
- Countries: U.S., Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain and Japan
- Suppliers: Established service providers have been providing bundled services to the clients, which eventually lowers their effort of searching for new providers for best-in-class technologies in the market
- Countries: China, Indonesia, Australia, India, Canada, Russia and Mexico
- Suppliers: The majority of the market is held by local service providers who usually operate out of one country. Their services are customized to meet the demands of local buyers
- Countries: Ireland, Portugal, Belgium, Morocco, Libya, Nigeria and Algeria
- Suppliers: Owing to lower demand, the creative advertising market is highly dispersed with local service providers that primarily provide tactical work for the advertisers
Creative Advertising Global Drivers and Constraints
Advertising market research shows that the digital medium is forecasted to witness growth in double digits and likely to contribute to more than half of the global ad sales.
- Increasing Digital Spend: The increasing importance and penetration of smartphones and social media has encouraged the marketers to increase their ad spend in these channels to attract more consumers and to improve their brand loyalty. By 2020, the share of digital advertising is expected to account for nearly 51 percent of the total advertising.
- Increasing Penetration into Newer Markets: Marketers are increasing their focus on newer markets in APAC and Africa, which have higher growth expectations.
- High Margins and Lack of Transparency: Network agencies continue to enjoy high profit margins due to their billing rates, which are skewed towards senior personnel. Therefore, clients face cost pressures since budgets are decreasing but agencies are unwilling to accommodate the reduced budgets.
- Dominance of Select Network Agencies: The top network agencies have dominated the market through strategic mergers and acquisitions, leading to a situation where the clients have less bargaining power