Viral Vaccines Trends
Category Intelligence on Viral Vaccines covers the following
- Information relating to market, supply, cost, and pricing analysis
- Hard to find data on cost and TCO models, supplier details, and performance benchmarks
- Macroeconomic and regional trends impacting cost, supply, and other market dynamics
- Category-specific negotiation and sourcing advice
Industry Outlook & Drivers
Viral Vaccines Global Market Outlook
There is an increasing awareness of immunization and a inspiration to formulate strong vaccine pipeline and the increasing focus of the key pharmaceutical players to develop innovative vaccines. These factors are driving the market with a CAGR of 8.7 percent and is expected to reach $81.27 billion by the end of 2027.
The market dynamics of research chemistry can be understood from the demand–supply perspective
- From the demand side, pharmaceutical companies are facing pipeline issues and outsourcing additional activities. This trend has led to the emergence of outsourcing of production services, with emerging nations like India and China becoming favorable destinations
- The viral vaccine production function is highly outsourced to leverage technical expertise and specific therapeutic area skill set at CROs
Regional Market Share
It is easier to offshore more routine services, like Live-attenuated vaccine production and Subunit Vaccine production, to emerging regions, like India and China. However, services, like Toxiod Vaccines and Conjugated Vaccine Production that require strict regulatory guidelines, are mostly near shored to the developed markets
- This is expected to change in the future with suppliers, like Wuxi AppTec, building capabilities in technologies, like computer-aided drug development and identify potential drug candidates in lesser time. Such factors will expedite the drug development process
- Western markets are mainly involved in the niche service for chemistry function, whereas the transactional/routine functions under chemistry services are generally outsourced to the emerging market.