Vials and Ampoules
This report covers Vials demand across 4 regions with key innovations by top players in the market
AI-powered self-service platform for all your sourcing decision needs across 1,600+ categories llike Vials and Ampoules.
Market Data, Sourcing & Supplier Intelligence, and Price & Cost Benchmarking.
Gerresheimer to build new glass parenterals factory in North MacedoniaJune 29, 2022
Gerresheimer invests in expansion of its North Carolina facilityAugust 10, 2022
Gerresheimer and Stevanato partner to develop new Ready- To-Use (RTU) solution platforSeptember 16, 2022
Become a Beroe LiVE.Ai™ Subscriber to receive proactive alerts on Vials and Ampoules
Vials and Ampoules Market Monitoring Dashboard
Understand the correlation between costs, margins, and prices impacting your category on a real time basis on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Vials and Ampoules Industry Benchmarks
The average annual savings achieved in Vials and Ampoules category is 2.60%
The industry average payment terms in Vials and Ampoules category for the current quarter is 45.0 days
Compare your category performance against peers and industry benchmarks across 20+ parameters on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Category Strategy and Flexibility
Price per Unit Competitiveness
Minimum Order Quality
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
Abi, the AI-powered digital assistant brings together data, insights, and intelligence for faster answers to sourcing questions
Vials and Ampoules Suppliers
Find the right-fit vials and ampoules supplier for your specific business needs and filter by location, industry, category, revenue, certifications, and more on Beroe LiVE.Ai™.
Use the Vials and Ampoules market, supplier and price information for category strategy creation and Quaterly Business Reviews (QRBs)
Vials and Ampoules market report transcript
Vials and Ampoules Market Analysis and Global Outlook
The global vials and ampoules market is expected to grow at 6–7 percent CAGR in 2020-2025 to reach $15.7 billion, driven by the increasing consumption of vaccines, biopharmaceuticals, and insulin, especially in the emerging markets.
Regional Demand Overview
The growing consumption of parenteral packaging in the emerging markets would led the suppliers to expand their manufacturing facilities in countries, such as Thailand, China, Malaysia, India, etc., over the next five years
Global Market Size: Parenteral Containers
- The global demand for parenteral packaging, which is forecasted at 9 – 10 percent CAGR in 2017 – 2021, would be largely driven by increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, growing geriatric population, and the preference for injection-based treatments. Additionally, the shift in preference for packaging material from glass to plastics would also influence value growth.
- The global parenteral packaging market is driven by the growing complexity of drugs, fostered by increasing lifestyle diseases, increasing health awareness, and aging population. The emerging region is expected to contribute to a major portion of growth, with a CAGR of over 10 percent in 2017–2021
- The key end-use segments are insulin, biopharmaceutical, and vaccines, which expected a strong demand of over 10 percent CAGR, facilitating growth. APAC and LATAM are expected to grow at a CARG of 13–14 percent from 2017 to 2021, owing to and rising demand for injectable drugs in these regions
- Ampoules and vials are the largest segments in parenteral packaging, contributing to over 70 percent. However, the market is being penetrated by prefilled syringes, which is growing at a CAGR of 13–14 percent (2017– 2021). Advancements in delivery devices, like auto injectors, are also gaining main stage in parenteral delivery
Global Market Size: Vials and Ampoules
- Growing complexity of drugs and increasing lifestyle diseases, like diabetes, are likely to foster growth in vials and ampoules, driven by rapid consumption from the emerging markets, like India and China.
- The global vials and ampoules market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~6–7 percent from 2017 to 2021, majorly driven by the increasing consumption of vaccines, biopharmaceuticals, and insulin, especially in the emerging markets
- Vials and ampoules is the largest segment in parenteral packaging. The global pharma trend of increasing focus towards biopharmaceuticals is expected to facilitate sustained vials and ampoules demand over the next five years until 2021
- More than 80 percent of the vials and ampoules are in glass format, owing to its suitability with varied drug combination, but faces challenges like delamination, breakage, etc. Alternative plastic vial options, like COP, COC formats, are likely to gain significant market share in the next five years
Over the next five years, the demand for vials and ampoules would be driven by the increasing consumption rates in emerging regions. More than 80 percent of the vials and ampoules are in glass format. COP or COC vials and syringes are emerging as the key substitute for glass containers, owing to design flexibility, lightweight, strong barrier properties, and delamination control. The global vaccine market is growing at a rate of around 10 percent and is expected to reach $53 billion by 2021. Vaccines generally use vials and ampoules packaging. Ampoules and vials on demand in emerging markets, like India, China, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, etc.are expected to drive the need for parenteral packaging. Plastic or COC vials are expected to gradually gain penetration into the glass vials and ampoules market, owing to greater acceptance and various benefits.As the industry trends toward combined drug and device products, there will be an increased necessity to gain accreditations from different regulatory agencies.
Why You Should Buy This Report
The report provides information on the cost breakup, supplier analysis and key profiles, SWOT analysis and critical performance indicators of suppliers like SCHOTT AG, Gerresheimer, Nipro, etc. It lists out the industry drivers and constraints, key trends and innovations in the Vials and Ampoules Market and Porter’s Five Forces Analysis of the developed and emerging regions.