Starch is produced from corn, tapioca, wheat, potato and etc and is widely used in food and beverage industry.
AI-powered self-service platform for all your sourcing decision needs across 1,600+ categories llike Starch.
Market Data, Sourcing & Supplier Intelligence, and Price & Cost Benchmarking.
Hike in tapioca products export volumes from CambodiaJuly 12, 2022
Ingredion launches sustainable waxy starchJuly 28, 2022
https://foodindustryexecutive.com/2022/08/gpclaunches-fybrin-rs-resistant-starch/August 16, 2022
Become a Beroe LiVE.Ai™ Subscriber to receive proactive alerts on Starch
Starch Market Monitoring Dashboard
Understand the correlation between costs, margins, and prices impacting your category on a real time basis on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Starch Industry Benchmarks
The average annual savings achieved in Starch category is 5.70%
The industry average payment terms in Starch category for the current quarter is 120.0 days
Compare your category performance against peers and industry benchmarks across 20+ parameters on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Category Strategy and Flexibility
Price per Unit Competitiveness
Minimum Order Quality
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
Abi, the AI-powered digital assistant brings together data, insights, and intelligence for faster answers to sourcing questions
Find the right-fit starch supplier for your specific business needs and filter by location, industry, category, revenue, certifications, and more on Beroe LiVE.Ai™.
Use the Starch market, supplier and price information for category strategy creation and Quaterly Business Reviews (QRBs)
Starch market frequently asked questions
As per Beroe's analysis, the total size of the starch market is ~85 MMT.
The three major sub-categories of starch are corn-starch, tapioca-starch, and wheat-starch. The share of each sub-category is 72.8 percent, 8.2 percent, and 5.6 percent respectively.
The total starch production ~85 MMT is sub-divided into three parts wherein 53 percent goes into sweeteners, 36 percent goes into native starches, and 11 percent goes into modified starches.
According to Beroe's insights, the leading suppliers for each starch type are as follows: Corn-starch: ADM, Cargill Tapioca-starch: Siam Quality starch, General starch Wheat-starch: ADM, Roquette Freres
As per Beroe's report, the starch market share by region is categorized into three parts: North America ' 40 percent Europe ' 21.5 percent Asia Pacific ' 30 percent
For the food industry/pharmaceutical, the ideal contract length is 1-3 months, while for food and ethanol it's 3-6 months.
Starch market report transcript
Global Starch Market Outlook
The contract period for starch procurement by the food and pharmaceutical industry varies from 3-6 months
Price locking for a bulk quantity in December would be an ideal month, since prices are expected to escalate marginally post this period
Global supply of starch has been rising at a CAGR of 4.4 percent. North America and Europe are the leading consumers of corn and wheat starch respectively.
Corn Starch Supply-Demand Analysis
- It is estimated that approximately 64.6 MMT of corn starch was produced in 2017. The potential suppliers are located in the US, China, certain regions of the EU and Asia. The global corn starch market is expected to grow staggering 4.85 percent in the forecast period
- Corn starch, used as a thickener or binder, constitutes a minimal percentage of the total corn starch application. Major application of corn starch in the food sector covers a broad spectrum of dairy, confectionery, bakery, meat products and etc.
- US and China are the major producers of corn starch, holding about 30 percent and 28 percent of the global share respectively. US-based global companies, such as Cargill, Roquette, and ADM, utilize corn starch to manufacture sorbitol
- Therefore, the key regions to focus are the US, China, as well as major producing countries in the EU, and parts of Asia, other than China
Global Demand by Application –Corn Starch
- Based on the product type, the global corn starch market is segmented into modified starch, native starch, and sweeteners
- Of these, sweeteners are leading the global market with a mammoth share of over 50 percent in the overall market
- The burgeoning demand for High Fructose Corn Syrups (HFCS) in a range of food and beverages is anticipated to be pivotal to the rising demand for corn starch-based sweeteners in the near future
- China is very significant, with respect to the corn starch market
- Therefore, the key regions to focus on for the suppliers are the US, China, as well as major producing countries in the EU, and parts of Asia, other than China
- The most dominant region among these is North America, both in terms value and volume
- The Asia Pacific corn starch market is expected to expand at the highest CAGR of 6.4 percent over the forecasting horizon