Rapeseed Oil and Meal
Rapeseed oil is extracted from Rapeseed . The extraction is done through mechanical pressing followed by solvent extraction. Rapeseed meal is one of the key by-products of this process.
AI-powered self-service platform for all your sourcing decision needs across 1,600+ categories llike Rapeseed Oil and Meal.
Market Data, Sourcing & Supplier Intelligence, and Price & Cost Benchmarking.
Rapeseed Oil prices witnessing a drop owing to improving supplyJune 28, 2022
Farmers' concerns over slowly emerging canola in Western Canada.August 21, 2022
Australia's Canola output in the upcoming winter harvest is forecasted to be higher.September 08, 2022
Become a Beroe LiVE.Ai™ Subscriber to receive proactive alerts on Rapeseed Oil and Meal
Rapeseed Oil and Meal Market Monitoring Dashboard
Understand the correlation between costs, margins, and prices impacting your category on a real time basis on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Rapeseed Oil and Meal Industry Benchmarks
The average annual savings achieved in Rapeseed Oil and Meal category is 4.60%
The industry average payment terms in Rapeseed Oil and Meal category for the current quarter is 75.0 days
Compare your category performance against peers and industry benchmarks across 20+ parameters on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Category Strategy and Flexibility
Price per Unit Competitiveness
Minimum Order Quality
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
Abi, the AI-powered digital assistant brings together data, insights, and intelligence for faster answers to sourcing questions
Rapeseed Oil and Meal Suppliers
Find the right-fit rapeseed oil and meal supplier for your specific business needs and filter by location, industry, category, revenue, certifications, and more on Beroe LiVE.Ai™.
Use the Rapeseed Oil and Meal market, supplier and price information for category strategy creation and Quaterly Business Reviews (QRBs)
Rapeseed Oil and Meal market frequently asked questions
The global rapeseed oil market size is set to change in the upcoming years. According to the Beroe experts, the global consumption of rapeseed oil and meal was 28 MMT approximately while the supply was 35 MMT. The production size of China is 11.79 MMT while the production size of Europe is 16.97 MMT. The report outlines that there might be a short supply of rapeseed oil and meal due to crop damage in the UK region in the year 2021. This can directly impact the global supply for the short term. However, due to a good harvest, the demand will be met with the supply eventually and there will be a balance in the supply and demand of rapeseed oil.
There are many top rapeseed oil suppliers that are outlined in the Beroe report that has been curated by industry experts. The top rapeseed supplier and manufacturers include Cargill, Wilmar International Ltd., and Bunge Limited.
According to the rapeseed price forecast report by Beroe, the production by the EU decreased which impacted the price of the rapeseed oil directly. Substitute oil prices such as those of soybean and palm influence the rapeseed oil prices too. Bio-diesel mandates can influence the price of rapeseed oil and meal.
When it comes to vegetable oils, rapeseed is one of the most vital crops. It comes at par with soybean oil which is another edible oil. Rapeseed makes 40 percent oil making it one of the most in-demand oils and fats. The industries that will drive the rapeseed market include industrial, food, and vegetable oils.
The key rapeseed oil and meal producing regions are Japan, Canada, India, the EU, and China. The EU region produces the most at 36 percent. The key exporting countries include Russia, Canada, Australia, the U.S., and UAE. Canada exports 70 percent of rapeseed oil and meal.
Rapeseed Oil and Meal market report transcript
Global Market Outlook on Rapeseed Oil and Meal
The global rapeseed seed market is expected to witness a short supply scenario during 2020–2021 F. Despite a record harvest in Canada, heavy crop damage in the UK (major producing country in the EU) is likely to weigh on a global supply
The EU is the major producer of rapeseed in the world. However, Canada leads the global exports contributing to more than 50 percent of the total exports, for both rapeseed oil and meal
Rapeseed Oil and Meal Market - Drivers and Constraints
Emergence of Biodiesel
- The ease of producing biodiesel from rapeseed given its ability to withstand greater temperature fluctuations versus other oilseeds is favoring the market growth. Low acid content and high melting point decrease the process time of oilseeds.
- Uncertain crude oil prices in tandem with rising awareness against usage of petroleum-based diesel and gasoline will promote the consumption of rapeseed oil as a biodiesel component as it is 5X biodegradable compared to other fuels.
Presence of Substitutes
While the rapeseed oil and meal market has been making significant strides, the presence of alternative products such as soybean oil and palm oil are adversely affecting the profit margins of rapeseed oil suppliers.
Rapeseed Oil and Meal - Value Chain
- Rapeseed yields around 40 percent of oil, which makes it as one of the most important oilseed crops after soybean
- By-products, like rapeseed meal and lecithin, are also produced during the process
- Rapeseed meal is widely used as cattle fodder, whereas lecithin is used in the food and nutraceutical industries as additives
Rapeseed Oil - Global Supply–Demand Analysis
- The major producers of soybean oil are the EU, China, and Canada, making up for around 74% of the global production
- Meanwhile, rapeseed oil markets in Australia and India have witnessed record growth.
- Crushing in Canada has witnessed a decrease since the exports are projected to decrease by 3.1 MMT.
Rapeseed Oil - Trade Dynamics
Record yield and production increased the Canadian rapeseed exports in the harvest period of 2016–2017. This trend continued in 2017–2018, and it is likely to continue in 2018–2019
Rapeseed oil production is highly influenced by the crush margins vs. soybean in the EU
Why Should You Buy This Report
- Information about the rapeseed oil market size, value chain analysis, supply-demand analysis and trade dynamics.
- Regional market snapshot and analysis of North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Porter’s five force analysis of the global rapeseed oil market.
- Rapeseed oil and rapeseed meal price analysis, cost structure analysis, rapeseed price outlook, etc.
- Supplier profiles of key players.
- Rapeseed oil suppliers profiles of key players.