Personal Protective Equipment Category Overview
- The mining activity poses risk on worker safety and health due to occupational hazards, hence safety suppliers are a must to prevent accidents at the work place The safety supplies across the mining industry are critical in nature requiring customized products depending upon the depth of mining activity and mine blast decibels
- The PPE products must meet quality standards set by regulatory bodies like OSHA,ANSE,CSA, MSHA, NIOSH, NFPA across regions and must have CE marking for products used in Europe
- In 2018, the global Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) market was valued at $46 billion
- The market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 7 percent to $65 billion between 2017 and 2023
- Trends observed among the global distributors are: Offering new supply solutions, online platform to sell products, marketing products through partnership, and creating customer loyalty programs
- Industrialization, foreign investments, government regulations, and increasing awareness among workers would boost the demand for PPE
- Wearable and wireless technology would be on rise and the products clubbed with fashion, comfort, and quality would be emphasized by end-users
Global Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Market Maturity
- In 2018, the global PPE market is estimated to be $46 billion. By the end of 2023, it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7 percent and reach $65 billion
The global PPE industry has a highly fragmented supply market. Europe is the largest PPE demand market followed by North America, APAC and the Middle East and Africa (MEA) and South America, respectively
Global Demand and End-user Segmentation
- The global PPE industry spend is likely to be driven by the rise in demand of core industrial sectors, such as oil and gas, construction, chemicals, healthcare, metal manufacturing, and automotive
- Protective apparel and gloves would be the major spend categories amongst PPE contributing and account for about 60 percent of the overall value
Market Trend and its Implication
The PPE market for mining industry is shifting from matured regions to emerging countries with changing preference from customers in terms of safety clubbed with fashion and involvement of technology in products.
Wearable technology and wireless technology are among the major trends to be observed in PPE industry to reduce risk and accidents at work place .PPE suppliers would shift to partnering suppliers/service providers equipped with best technology
- Integration of bluetooth technology with wireless technology for advancement in safety data management by sending faster messages when integrated with other PPE linked to software on incidents and potential hazardous situations
- Wearable technology for Radio Frequency (RF) identification and biometrics are in rise in safety market for monitoring the harms within limits.
- Incorporating FitBit device provides body temperature, environmental temperature, heart rate, and activity level, which can be linked to wearable PPE to save worker life during a sudden change in body temperature or heart rate
- Wearable technology to track and monitor employees to keep them safe
- Using digital technology to develop high-tech products that are capable of augmented reality, sensors, cameras, transparentvisor to display for real-time instructions.