Personal Protective Equipment Category Intelligence
- Global PPE Industry Trends
- Market Trend and its Implication
- Regional Market Outlook-North America, Europe, Africa, APAC & Middle East
- Supply trends and insights
Market Size North America
Market Size Europe
Personal Protective Equipment Market Trends
Category Intelligence on Personal Protective Equipment covers the following
- Information relating to market, supply, cost, and pricing analysis
- Hard to find data on cost and TCO models, supplier details, and performance benchmarks
- Macroeconomic and regional trends impacting cost, supply, and other market dynamics
- Category-specific negotiation and sourcing advice
Table of contents
- Personal Protective Equipment Executive Summary
- Global Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Industry Outlook
- Supply Market Outlook
- Supply market landscape
- Personal Protective Equipment Market Analysis
- Global PPE Industry Market Maturity
- Global PPE Industry Trends
- Global market Trends and Implications
- Global PPE Drivers and Constraints
- Regional Market Outlook
- Porter's Five Forces Analysis - Global
- Global Demand and End - user Segmentation
- Personal Protective Equipment Supply Analysis
- Supply Market Outlook
- - Supply Trends and Insights
- Market Innovations
- Major Expansions
- Mining specific product portfolio
- Key Global Suppliers - Product Portfolio
- Key Regional Suppliers - Product Portfolio
- Key Global Supplier Profile
- Supplier SWOT Analysis
- Cost Break - up
- Cost of Manufacturing: Developed vs. Emerging Region
- Pricing Analysis
- Personal Protective Equipment Procurement Best Practices
- Sourcing Model - Industry Channel Structure
- Sourcing Models for PPE Products
- Sourcing Models - Comparative Analysis
- Engagement Models
- Negotiation Strategies
- Key Performance Index - PPE Procurement
Want a more detailed personalised report?
Industry Outlook & Drivers
Personal Protective Equipment Market Size and Forecast
- The mining activity poses risk on worker safety and health due to occupational hazards, hence safety suppliers are a must to prevent accidents at the work place The safety supplies across the mining industry are critical in nature requiring customized products depending upon the depth of mining activity and mine blast decibels
- The PPE products must meet quality standards set by regulatory bodies like OSHA,ANSE,CSA, MSHA, NIOSH, NFPA across regions and must have CE marking for products used in Europe
- In 2018, the global Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) market was valued at $46 billion
- The market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 7 percent to $65 billion between 2017 and 2023
- Personal protective equipment market trends observed among the global distributors are: Offering new supply solutions, online platform to sell products, marketing products through partnership, and creating customer loyalty programs
- Industrialization, foreign investments, government regulations, and increasing awareness among workers would boost the demand for PPE industry
- Wearable and wireless technology would be on rise and the products clubbed with fashion, comfort, and quality would be emphasized by end-users
- The High-Maturity Regions in the global personal protective equipment market are US, Germany, UK, Ireland, France, Italy, Australia and Japan
- Honeywell, 3M, Ansell, DuPont, MSA Safety are key supplier in the personal protective equipment industry
- The personal protective equipment market share is 22% Head, Eye and Face protection, 19% Respiratory protection, 14% Fall protection, 12% Hand and Arm protection, 12% Protective clothing, 11% Hearing protection and 10% Foot and Leg protection
lobal Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Market Maturity
- In 2018, the global PPE market is estimated to be $46 billion. By the end of 2023, it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7 percent and reach $65 billion
The global PPE industry has a highly fragmented supply market. Europe is the largest PPE demand market followed by North America, APAC and the Middle East and Africa (MEA) and South America, respectively
Global Demand and End-user Segmentation
- The personal protective equipment market trends show that the industry spend is likely to be driven by the rise in demand of core industrial sectors, such as oil and gas, construction, chemicals, healthcare, metal manufacturing, and automotive
- Protective apparel and gloves would be the major spend categories amongst PPE contributing and account for about 60 percent of the overall value
Market Trend and its Implication
The PPE market for mining industry is shifting from matured regions to emerging countries with changing preference from customers in terms of safety clubbed with fashion and involvement of technology in products.
Wearable technology and wireless technology are among the major trends to be observed in PPE industry to reduce risk and accidents at work place .PPE suppliers would shift to partnering suppliers/service providers equipped with best technology
- Integration of bluetooth technology with wireless technology for advancement in safety data management by sending faster messages when integrated with other PPE linked to software on incidents and potential hazardous situations
- Wearable technology for Radio Frequency (RF) identification and biometrics are in rise in safety market for monitoring the harms within limits.
- Incorporating Fitbit devices provide body temperature, environmental temperature, heart rate, and activity level, which can be linked to wearable PPE to save worker life during a sudden change in body temperature or heart rate
- Wearable technology to track and monitor employees to keep them safe
- Using digital technology to develop high-tech products that are capable of augmented reality, sensors, cameras, transparent visors to display for real-time instructions.
PPE Market Overview
- The global personal protective equipment market demand is as follows:
- 17% Oil & Gas
- 16% Construction
- 14% Chemical
- 12% Healthcare/Pharmaceutical
- 11% Food processing
- 10% Mining
- 6% Military & Law Enforcement
- 14% constitutes other industries
- The major cost factors involved in manufacturing of PPE products are raw materials and labor costs, which contribute to about 70–80 percent of the total production cost
- The sourcing models for MRO PPE procurement include Segment Oriented Sourcing, Bundled Sourcing, Preferred Supplier Strategy. The two major sourcing models are compared based on factors such as cost, quality and savings to best suit the buyer.
- Organizations follow a combination of manufacturer and distributor sourcing models, based on the requirement, type of PPE and the location
Why You Should Buy This Report
- SWOT analysis of major players in the global MRO PPE category such as DuPont, Ansell, MSA safety, etc.
- It gives product profiles of key regional suppliers in the personal protective equipment industry
- The report details the global and hybrid engagement models, negotiation strategies and key performance index in MRO PPE procurement.
- The report gives the cost structure breakup and pricing analysis in the ppe industry.
- It shows the different market innovations and supplier trends in the global personal protective equipment market
Personal Protective Equipment Market Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the market size of the PPE market?
- As per Beroe’s PPE market analysis, the protective clothing market size is expected to grow to $65 billion by 2023.
- Who are the major players in the PPE industry?
- Beroe’s PPE overview report identifies the high market maturity regions to be US, Germany, UK, Ireland, France, Italy, Australia, and Spain and the medium market maturity regions to be Eastern Europe, UAE, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, India, and China.
- What are the latest trends in the PPE market?
- The latest trends in the industrial protective clothing market are that the PPE market for the mining sector is dynamically shifting from mature to emerging markets due to change in customer preferences as well as technological advancements.
- What will be the expected growth of the PPE industry?
- As per Beroe’s PPE market trends report, the PPE clothing market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7% by 2023.
- What are the key drivers of the PPE market?
- The key drivers for the industrial protective clothing market are rise in demand from core industrial sectors, such as oil and gas, construction, chemicals, healthcare, metal, and automotive. The major price drivers will be raw materials and macroeconomic factors.