Palm Oil Market Research Report
The palm oil industry is anticipated to increase from 64.5 MMT to 68.4 MMT in 2019 due to a rise in demand from countries such as Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, China, and India. The average monthly consumption is expected to be at 5.7–5.8 MMT in 2019. The demand for palm oil boosted by approximately 16.9 percent in 2019 due to a higher production of oil and higher stock accumulations. Moreover, the palm oil stock levels are expected to rise with increased production, and yield levels by 2020.
Indonesia is a net exporter of palm oil. As of 2019, Indonesia exports around 75 percent of its total palm oil production to the world. Malaysia is the second-largest exporter of palm oil and exports almost 90 percent of its total production. The major export destinations for Malaysian exporters are India and the Netherlands.
Palm Oil - Global Market Analysis, Forecast & Prices
- Global palm oil supply has been witnessing a steady growth of 4.3 percent CAGR during 2012–2013 until 2018–2019
- Palm oil stock levels decreased by around 3.3 percent during 2018–2019, due to increased consumption of palm oil from the biodiesel industry. The palm oil stock levels are expected to improve with the production and yield levels during 2019–2020
- Crude palm oil prices increased in April 2019. The increase in price was due to an uptrend in global demand, which was confirmed by exports of palm oil from Malaysia and Indonesia of 24.5 MMT in September 2018
- Globally, the estimated use of palm oil in the bio-diesel industry in 2019 is expected to increase by 9–10 percent to 9.53 MMT from 8.77 MMT the previous year
- Palm oil prices and contract structures are fixed by Malaysian suppliers using MPOB crude palm oil futures and adding the basis and freight costs. The basis is the difference between cash and futures prices. Profit margin set by the buyers depends on time of buying and selling
Palm Oil - Manufacturers
The major palm oil manufacturers are:
- Wilmar International Ltd
- Bunge Limited
- LKL Berhad
- IOI Corporation Bhd
Why should you buy this report
The report provides insights on the following:
- Global Palm Oil Supply–Demand Analysis
- Trade Dynamics-Indonesia
- Palm Oil & Derivatives Price Trend
- Key Global Supplier Profiles
- Information relating to market, supply, cost, and pricing analysis
- Hard to find data on cost and TCO models, supplier details, and performance benchmarks
- Macroeconomic and regional trends impacting cost, supply, and other market dynamics
- Category-specific negotiation and sourcing advice
The report also covers various procurement parameters while sourcing palm oil. India, Indonesia, and the European Union are the biggest consumers of palm oil, and India is the largest importing country of palm oil wherein 93 percent of the oil is used in cooking.
Methodology for writing this Report
Beroe gathers intelligence through primary sources that include industry experts, researchers, and consultants, as well as current suppliers, producers and distributors. Secondary sources can include business journals, newsletters, magazines, market research data, company sources, and industry associations. Following data collation, analysis, and strategic review, the Final Research Report is published on Beroe LiVE.