AI-powered self-service platform for all your sourcing decision needs across 1,600+ categories llike Oranges.
Market Data, Sourcing & Supplier Intelligence, and Price & Cost Benchmarking.
Brazillian Orange production prospects to increase in 2022/23August 16, 2022
Yellow dragon disease poses a threat to Seville's marmalade orangesOctober 11, 2022
Morocco plans to increase its citrus crop.September 12, 2022
Become a Beroe LiVE.Ai™ Subscriber to receive proactive alerts on Oranges
Oranges Market Monitoring Dashboard
Understand the correlation between costs, margins, and prices impacting your category on a real time basis on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Oranges Industry Benchmarks
The average annual savings achieved in Oranges category is 5.30%
The industry average payment terms in Oranges category for the current quarter is 75.6 days
Compare your category performance against peers and industry benchmarks across 20+ parameters on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Category Strategy and Flexibility
Price per Unit Competitiveness
Minimum Order Quality
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
Abi, the AI-powered digital assistant brings together data, insights, and intelligence for faster answers to sourcing questions
Find the right-fit oranges supplier for your specific business needs and filter by location, industry, category, revenue, certifications, and more on Beroe LiVE.Ai™.
Use the Oranges market, supplier and price information for category strategy creation and Quaterly Business Reviews (QRBs)
Oranges market frequently asked questions
Beroe’s research study opines that orange market players continue to mine lucrative growth prospects from Asia, the US, and Europe, which collectively produce more than 70% of the overall fruit yield. Further, the Asia Pacific (APAC) minimally processed industry is picking pace, given the rising consumption of convenient food.
Brazil’s orange exports have surged by nearly 30% in few months, attributed to robust demand from the US, grappling with severe shortages due to hurricane loss and citrus greening.
Factors such as reduced demand due to economic downturn in leading importing regions as well as adverse weather and rising crop diseases in emerging regions triggered the trade deficit of fresh oranges in 2019.
Processing increases the shelf life, enables worldwide transportation, and helps extend the export base with decreased wastage. In addition, it provides myriads of opportunities for value addition and portfolio expansion, helping the players remain competitive in the global orange market.
Beroe’s market study highlights countries, such as Egypt, as emerging orange exporters, given the increasing availability and demand for vitamin C-rich foods worldwide.
The US orange production volume is likely to witness a decline by around 1 million boxes versus the previous year (71.4 million boxes).
Given the prevalent fear among consumers about the COVID-19 infection, the demand for oranges and other citrus fruits have tremendously increased as they are rich in immune-boosting nutrients.
Oranges market report transcript
Global Overview of the Orange Industry
The US, Europe, and Asia are expected to produce over 70 percent of the global fruit supply. Highest growth can be expected in the minimal processed sector, with APAC having the highest CAGR, owing to increased demand for convenient food and rise in the living standard.
- The US orange supplies are forecast to witness a dip by nearly 1 million boxes compared to the previous year at 71.4 million boxes. Given the recent steep fluctuations, due to loss from citrus greening impact and hurricane damages, the current overall stable output is considered to be relatively more favorable
- Due to the large-scale COVID-19 outbreak worldwide, the demand for oranges and other citrus fruits are in high demand in the countries affected because they are rich in vitamin C
- The decrease in juice consumption and demand can be attributed to the consumer’s shift in preference toward fresh fruits and juice being perceived as less healthy, due to its added sugar content
- Even though orange juice consumption is displaying a decreasing trend, it exceeds production, on the account of sharply lower stocks
Oranges – Global Trade Dynamics
- Orange exports from Brazil increased by about 30 percent in the last year, driven by a strong demand from the US market, which was reeling from severe shortages, due to the impact of citrus greening and hurricane loss
- The recent recovery in oranges production in the US is likely to improve domestic availability, it would not be sufficient to cater to the overall demand, and import dependency on Brazil is likely to continue until supply situation further improves
- The decline in trade of fresh oranges in 2019 can mainly be attributed to the weak demand, owing to economic crisis in the major importing regions, in addition to the unfavorable weather and disease of the crops in the growing regions
- Markets, like Egypt, are emerging exporters, with a boost in exports forecast for 2020, owing to increase in availability and increasing demand for vitamin C-rich foods globally
- Imports from major markets can be expected to decline in the upcoming years and an increase in imports from the emerging markets, like Asia and Africa, can be anticipated
Industry Drivers and Constraints
- Year Around Availability and Convenience: Given factors, like seasonality and perishability, processing make it possible to preserve and consume fruits throughout the year
- Wide Product Portfolio: Processing offers a range of opportunities for value addition and widening product portfolio, which help the players to stay competitive in the market
- Reduces Perishability and Wastage: Processing increases shelf life, facilitates transport worldwide, helps to expand export base with reduced spoilage
- Globalization: Increasing consumer awareness and immigration of varied ethnic groups drive imports and processing of non-locally produced fruit products that need to be transported and stored efficiently
- Rise in per Capita Income: Urbanization, changing lifestyle, increasing focus on health and wellness, higher disposable incomes, and evolving consumption habits have spurred the need for convenient food that is easy to consume and also wholesome and nutritious
- Supply Uncertainty: There is no guarantee of consistent supply of fruits, which depend on weather and harvest. The producing region’s economic condition could cause price volatility, especially fruits, imported from the developing countries
- Capital Intensive: Decrease in conventionally processed fruits, owing to an increasing preference for minimally processed fruit products, call for processors to keep up with evolving trends. The switching cost is high and can be afforded only by large players, leaving the small and medium- level processors at a disadvantage
- Access to Raw Materials: New entrants face challenges in securing raw materials supply at early stages of operations and are prone to high cost fluctuation risks