Mining Support Equipment
Support Equipment are used in mining site as auxilliary equipment for operations such as grading, levelling, etc.
AI-powered self-service platform for all your sourcing decision needs across 1,600+ categories llike Mining Support Equipment.
Market Data, Sourcing & Supplier Intelligence, and Price & Cost Benchmarking.
Mining Support Equipment Market Monitoring Dashboard
Understand the correlation between costs, margins, and prices impacting your category on a real time basis on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Mining Support Equipment Industry Benchmarks
The average annual savings achieved in Mining Support Equipment category is 5.60%
The industry average payment terms in Mining Support Equipment category for the current quarter is 105.0 days
Compare your category performance against peers and industry benchmarks across 20+ parameters on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Category Strategy and Flexibility
Price per Unit Competitiveness
Minimum Order Quality
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
Abi, the AI-powered digital assistant brings together data, insights, and intelligence for faster answers to sourcing questions
Mining Support Equipment Suppliers
Find the right-fit mining support equipment supplier for your specific business needs and filter by location, industry, category, revenue, certifications, and more on Beroe LiVE.Ai™.
Use the Mining Support Equipment market, supplier and price information for category strategy creation and Quaterly Business Reviews (QRBs)
Mining Support Equipment market frequently asked questions
According to Beroe's report, the global SE market will grow by 3 ' 3.5 percent CAGR reaching a valuation of $14.9 Bn due to the rise in mineral production output. Considerable growth will improve the overall economic scenario in China and increase commodity prices.
The net supply contract tenure is between 5 ' 7 years and it's determined using the formula: Demand-based + price adjustment clause based on raw material prices
As per the mining support equipment market size shared by Beroe, both Europe and Africa happen to fall in the category of being the medium and low maturity market regions. However, the high maturity market is being dominated by North America and the APAC region.
The top global supplier names from the industry are ' Caterpillar, Komatsu, Sandvik, Joy Global, and Hitachi.
The metal production output (2 ' 3 percent) and commodity price (5 ' 6 percent) drive the entire mining support equipment market.
Following the insights of the mining support equipment market research report, surface mining holds a market share of 34 percent while UG mining equipment holds a share of 15 percent.
As per the report, the steady upswing of demand from regions like India and China followed by the adoption of smart technology by Australia (major production region) will lead to the unparalleled growth of the support equipment market.
As per Beroe's analysis report, both Caterpillar and Komatsu supply nearly 11, 500 mining dozers, while the number of active wheel loaders (with payloads) vary from 2 ' 15 MT and are provided by Caterpillar, Komatsu, and Joy Global/P&H (LeTourneau).
The primary factors that would contribute to the faster growth of SE equipment in the UG sector compared to that in the surface mining category are: Increasing adoption of UG mining methods due to falling ore grades at open cast mines Global economic growth Considerable increase in exploration activities Increase in the mechanization of the mines The decrease in the ore grades in surface mines
From a global perspective, UG wheel loader/LHD holds nearly 85 percent of the SE market in the UG equipment category. Beroe's mining support equipment market news report also indicates that it can be the fastest-growing sub-segment in the SE category for the UG equipment in the coming years.
Mining Support Equipment market report transcript
Global Market Outlook on Mining Support Equipment
- The APAC will continue to dominate the SE market, in terms of size and growth prospects until 2022
- The global SE market is expected to grow by 2–2.5 percent CAGR between 2019 and 2022, owing to a rise in mineral production output, improving economic scenario in China, and increase in commodity prices
Mining Support Equipment Market Overview –Global
- The global SE market is expected to grow by 3-3.5 percent CAGR between 2017 and 2019, owing to the rise in mineral production output, coupled with the increased demand for commodities
- The steady upswing of demand from India and China and the adoption of smart technology in key production regions such as Australia would aid the support equipment market's growth
Mining Support Equipment Market Overview –Surface Mining
- In the global perspective, Caterpillar and Komatsu supply the majority of the dozers - 11,500 mining dozers, whereas 3,700 active wheel loaders with payloads ranging from 2 to 15 MT are from Caterpillar, Komatsu, and Joy Global/P&H (LeTourneau), which are used by mining companies globally
Mining Support Equipment Market Overview –UG Mining
- From a global perspective, UG wheel loader/LHD accounts for 85 percent of the SE market in the UG equipment category. It is expected to be the fastest-growing sub-segment in SE category for the UG equipment
- SE equipment in the UG category is expected to grow faster than SE equipment in the surface mining equipment category due to the increasing adoption of UG mining methods due to falling ore grades at open cast mines.
- Global economic growth, expected increase in exploration activity, increase in mechanization of mines, and a decrease in ore grades in surface mines could further drive the demand for SE in UG equipment
Global Demand by Application
- Demand growth is expected to come from metals, such as copper, nickel, zinc, and iron ore. The metal output is expected to increase by 3 percent CAGR between 2017 and 2019
- Demand is also expected to come from regions, such as India, China, and Africa. For instance, iron ore output in India increased by 8 percent in 2015–16 compared to the same period a year ago. This trend is expected to continue in the upcoming years
Downstream Demand Outlook
- Demand for SE is expected to improve, due to an increase in metal production, construction activities, and an upsurge in new mines
- In the UG mining equipment category, coal accounted for about 40 percent of revenue share in 2017
- Coal mining is one of the significant end-use industries in the surface mining equipment category
- Asia and Africa are going to be the fastest-growing regional markets for SE during 2017–2019
- Demand from large developing countries, such as India, China, and Indonesia, could increase the size of the market
- Global coal output is expected to reach 8.4 billion tons, growing at a CAGR of 1.6 percent until 2020