Lubricants and Greases
The report covers in detail the market supply demand dynamics, supplier landscape, pricing analysis and procurement best practices across the industries for Global Lubricants and Greases
AI-powered self-service platform for all your sourcing decision needs across 1,600+ categories llike Lubricants and Greases.
Market Data, Sourcing & Supplier Intelligence, and Price & Cost Benchmarking.
Brazil's base oil output declines while imports increaseAugust 18, 2022
The second quarter of 2022 saw profits decline for Yushiro Chemical and KH Neochem in Japan by 63% and 61%, respectivelyAugust 24, 2022
Industry Releases Carbon Footprint Guidelines for Lubricant Chemical ProductsSeptember 28, 2022
Become a Beroe LiVE.Ai™ Subscriber to receive proactive alerts on Lubricants and Greases
Lubricants and Greases Market Monitoring Dashboard
Understand the correlation between costs, margins, and prices impacting your category on a real time basis on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Lubricants and Greases Industry Benchmarks
The average annual savings achieved in Lubricants and Greases category is 5.00%
The industry average payment terms in Lubricants and Greases category for the current quarter is 60.0 days
Compare your category performance against peers and industry benchmarks across 20+ parameters on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Category Strategy and Flexibility
Price per Unit Competitiveness
Minimum Order Quality
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
Abi, the AI-powered digital assistant brings together data, insights, and intelligence for faster answers to sourcing questions
Lubricants and Greases Suppliers
Find the right-fit lubricants and greases supplier for your specific business needs and filter by location, industry, category, revenue, certifications, and more on Beroe LiVE.Ai™.
Use the Lubricants and Greases market, supplier and price information for category strategy creation and Quaterly Business Reviews (QRBs)
Lubricants and Greases market report transcript
Global Market Outlook on Lubricants and Greases
- Global lubricant supply stood at 36.7 MMT in 2018. Demand is expected to grow at a CAGR of (0.5)–1 percent CAGR until 2021
- The market is expected to decline in 2020, due to lower automotive and industrial demand, owing the COVID-10 pandemic.
- The demand could pick up in 2021
- China is the largest producing region in the world followed by the USA. China and USA constitutes around one third of the global lubricant production
Demand Market Outlook
- Lubricant prices and availability is highly driven by the lubricant stock (base oil) in the region. The US and Europe have shifted their base oil stock to Group 2 and Group 3 stocks respectively, while Asian and LATAM markets continue using Group 1 and Group 3 stocks
Global Market Size–Lubricants
The global lubricant market reached $148 billion in 2016, and is projected to rise to $167 billion by 2021
Asia Pacific remains the largest market for lubricants. The Middle East and Africa have seen the fastest growth of lubricant demand
The increasing number of passenger and commercial vehicles and more disposable income in the developing economies will drive the Lubricant demand in the coming years
Global Industrial Lubricants
- The Global Industrial Lubricants Market is expected to grow with the CAGR of approximately 2.4% from 2017 to 2022
- Prominent trends that the market is witnessing include the evolution of bio-based lubricants, the improvement of low-viscosity lubricants to fit present machinery, demand for polyamide resins in industrial applications and growth opportunities/investment opportunities
- Hydraulic lubricants segment accounts for the largest share in the global industrial lubricants market mainly due to its low cost as compared to the other lubricants. Additionally, the growing demand of hydraulic lubricants from construction and mining industry, is also fueling the growth of the market.
- Hydraulic lubricants segment and metal working fluid segment is expected to grow at the fastest pace. The growth is mainly due to the rising demand for metals in the automotive industry.
- On the basis of End Users, global industrial lubricants market is segmented into automotive, manufacturing, heavy industries, power generation and others. Automotive sector dominates the end user segment of global industrial lubricants market mainly due to high demand for industrial lubricants form automotive sector.
- Power generation sector is also expected to be the fastest growing end use sector of the industrial lubricants market. Rising demand for energy across the globe ultimately fueling the demand of industrial lubricants in the power generation industry.
- Power plants require industrial lubricants that can provide superior performance, water resistance, with high corrosion inhibition. The use of industrial lubricants such as compressor oil, turbine oil, hydraulic oil grease and others in power generation industry, ensures the highest efficiency and operating reliability.
Global Supply–Demand Analysis
Global lubricant supply stands at 36.4 MMT for 2016. The market is oversupplied on a global scale, with about 2.0 MMT of excess capacity in 2015
Demand is expected to see a negative growth of –0.5 to –1.5 percent (CAGR) until 2017–2018, post which, the lubricant market is anticipated to grow modestly from 0 to 0.75 percent until 2021, due to slower growth in the African and LATAM region and slow economic recovery in the European and North American countries
- On the capacity front, about ~2.3 MMT of capacity is expected to be added to the global Lubricant supply base by 2021
- Complete capacity addition of 2.3 MMT is expected to be based on the Group 2 and Group 3 base stock producing high performance lubricants
- Growing environmental regulations against emission have led to lubricant producers in the Middle East and Asia focusing on adding capacities at their plant locations in order to meet global demand. Many US refiners are upgrading to produce customized lubricants