Fleet Management Category Intelligence
- Technological Trends
- Supplier Analysis
- Supplier Profiling
- Best Practices
Production Size North America
10 Mn Units
Production Size Europe
10 Mn Units
Production Size Asia Pacific (APAC)
16.03 Mn Units
Fleet Management Market Overview
The market trend of fleet leasing is high among areas such as Europe and North America, however, purchase is the preferred model in APAC and LATAM, even though large companies in these regions are moving towards leasing. The growth of global fleet management market is driven by factors such as centralization of fleet sourcing and management, a decrease in the sale of diesel vehicles, risk and safety factors, driverless/self-driving vehicles, increase in mobility budget, a shift towards alternative fuel vehicles, and an increased focus on mobility management.
The report also includes key drivers and constraints of the global fleet management industry, followed by a regional market outlook in areas such as North America, Europe, and the APAC. It also explores various opportunities and challenges faced by key demand markets, along with Porter's five forces analysis. It also provides an outlook over key suppliers such as ALD Automotive, Arval, LeasePlan, Wheels Inc., and Orix. The report also gives an overview of industry best practices, procurement best practices, followed by a comprehensive analysis of the cost and price trends.
Beroe gathers intelligence through primary sources that include industry experts, researchers, and consultants, as well as current suppliers, producers and distributors. Secondary sources can include business journals, newsletters, magazines, market research data, company sources, and industry associations. Following data collation, analysis, and strategic review, the Final Research Report is published on Beroe LiVE.
Fleet Management Market Trends
Category Intelligence on Fleet Management covers the following
- Information relating to market, supply, cost, and pricing analysis
- Hard to find data on cost and TCO models, supplier details, and performance benchmarks
- Macroeconomic and regional trends impacting cost, supply, and other market dynamics
- Category-specific negotiation and sourcing advice
Table of Contents
- Fleet Management Executive Summary
- Global Passenger Car Market
- Supply Market Outlook
- Brexit - Impact on Fleet Leasing and Management
- Fleet Management Market Analysis
- Market Maturity and Trends
- Drivers and Constraints
- Regional Market Outlook
- Porter's Analysis
- Fleet Management Supply Analysis
- Supply Outlook
- Supply Categorization
- Key Suppliers
- Supplier Profiling
- Top Global Car Manufacturers
- Fleet Management Cost and Pricing Analysis
- Cost Structure
- Factors Influencing Lease Price
- Fleet Management Procurement Best Practices
- Sourcing Models
- Engagement Models
- Pricing Models
- Contract Model
- Contract Structure
- Corporate Policies on the Usage of Company Cars
- Company Car Substitutes/Alternatives
- Shift from TCO Model to TCM Model
Industry Outlook & Drivers
Fleet Management Global Industry Outlook
In 2016, global passenger car sales were close to 83 million units, and they are expected to grow at ~2.5 percent to reach ~ 85 million units in 2017. APAC will be leading the growth of automobile sales.
BREXIT –Impact on Fleet Leasing and Management
Increase in Fleet Leasing Cost Lease price is majorly dependent on MSRP of the vehicle and residual value. Though the impact of Brexit was negligible in 2016, exchange rate of Pound is expected to remain low in 2017. As a result, MSRP is expected to go up and so does the lease price.
- Buyers can focus on consolidating their fleet spend and obtain the best discount possible in the market to reduce the impact.
Increase in Fleet Management Costs
- Fall in the exchange rate of U.K. pound has resulted in higher fuel prices and has lead to higher fleet management costs.
- Companies can use this opportunity to explore fuel reduction techniques, reviewing fuel reimbursement rates and adopting high mileage vehicles in the fleet.
Fleet Management Global Market Maturity
Fleet leasing is high among the companies in North America and Europe. Though purchase is the preferred model in LATAM and APAC, large companies in these regions are moving towards leasing.
Fleet Management Global Drivers and Constraints
Buyers having global presence, increasing sales force and benefits of outsourcing non-core functions are driving the fleet leasing industry. However, alternatives to travel, like video conferencing, and alternatives to company cars, like car sharing, are some of the constraints.
Outsourcing benefits cost control
- The buyers outsource the car leasing and fleet management services to reduce the administrative overhead and to achieve cost benefits. Moreover, the fleet is one of the major spend areas, and buyers prefer outsourcing the fleet management functions to focus on their core business functions
Global presence and scalability
- Buyers with a global presence and higher mobility of their employees prefer outsourcing fleet management services to manage the increasing fleet size
- An increasing sales force that requires mobility solutions results in increased fleet size, which drives the fleet management industry
Video conferencing and webinars
- With the advent of new technology like live webinars and video conferencing, it is possible to conduct online meetings and sales presentations, reducing the travel time and cost
- The usage of support networks like insurance, maintenance, servicing, and remarketing that are required in this industry is high and acts as a constraint to manage these small support service providers
- The use of alternate techniques, such as car sharing and carpooling, reduces the number of vehicles in use