Epoxy Resins Market Trends
Category Intelligence on Epoxy Resins covers the following
- Information relating to market, supply, cost, and pricing analysis
- Hard to find data on cost and TCO models, supplier details, and performance benchmarks
- Macroeconomic and regional trends impacting cost, supply, and other market dynamics
- Category-specific negotiation and sourcing advice
Industry Outlook & Drivers
Epoxy Resins Market Analysis and Global
The global epoxy resin market has a surplus capacity with more than 75 percent concentrated in Asia. The overall demand is expected to grow at 5.0 percent CAGR to reach 3.45 MMT by 2021.Hexion had planned capacity expansion at Tianjin plant in China during 2015. This plant is under construction and is yet to come online.The major epoxy resin market share: NA: 9.3 percent, EU: 11.6 percent, and APAC: 77.3 percent. The epoxy resin price outlook (Q3 2019 vs. Q2 2019): US: 3.8 percent decrease, EU: 4.1 percent decrease.
According to resin market analysis key demand drivers include electronics manufacturing growth in Asia, construction and auto industry growth in developing
economies, followed by increasing demand for electronics and composites.
Top suppliers in the epoxy resins market are: Kukdo, Nan Ya, Sanmu Group, Hexion, Chang Chun.
Demand Market Outlook
- Increasing demand for adhesives, paints and coatings in the developing regions, like China, India, LATAM, etc., due to rising construction sector and increasing auto sales, is expected to drive the demand for epoxy resins
- Demand from the US and Europe is expected to grow from the waterborne composite applications in aerospace, marine coatings, and windmills in the coming future
Industry Best Practices
- Large-volume buyers in NA and Europe prefer contract buying. Asian buyers, however, prefer spot to contracts.
- CPG players opt for spot buying, as they procure less volume. Buyers in NA and Europe prefer low-cost Asian imports
Global Market Size: Epoxy Resin
- The epoxy resin market value increased by 4–5 percent during 2016–2017, owing to increase in the price of BPA during the same period
- Asian countries are expected to witness high demand growth rates until 2022, driven by electronics, construction, and automobiles sectors
- In NA and Europe, demand growth is expected from windmill installations
Global Capacity–Demand Analysis
- Operating rates are expected to increase if no further capacity additions are announced in the near future. This will result in the market to shift the negotiation power from buyer to supplier.
- The global epoxy resin capacity stood at about 3.53 MMT during 2017, and no capacity additions are announced for the future
- Operating rates are expected to increase from 70 to 75 percent in 2016 to 95 percent in 2022, if no further capacity additions are announced
- Currently, there is excess capacity in all the three regions
- Asia exports epoxy resins to Europe and NA, as and when there is a price arbitrage between the regions
- The global demand for epoxy resin is expected to witness a growth of about 5 percent until 2022, driven by Asia
- Asia represents almost 65 percent of the global consumption of epoxy resin, with China being the major consumer
- Buyers in Asia should engage on spot pricing mechanism for a maximum period of 1 – 2 years, owing to excess supply in the market
- If no further capacity additions are announced, buyers are advised to enter into contracts, as the market might turn to tight
Epoxy Resin Market Overview
The global economic headwinds could further take a toll and impact the market outlook for the remainder of the year, as a recovery in demand would be difficult. It will be challenging for epoxy resins prices to hold firm in the long term, but this will depend on the level of feedstock and demand volatility.
Epoxy resin price trends show that the epoxy resin price drivers BPA and ECH Prices have increased while the supply and downstream demand has decreased. The epoxy resin market was oversupplied that caused the suppliers to reduce their operating rates in the US and Europe.
Epoxy resin has applications majorly in electronics and construction sectors. Major exporters, the US and EU countries, export high-quality epoxy resin to the rest of the world.
Why You Should Buy This Report
Information about epoxy resins market size, export-import and trade dynamics. Porter’s five force analysis of NA, Europe and Asia and lists out the important industry drivers and constraints. Epoxy resin price trend analysis and cost structure analysis.
Details of key suppliers and SWOT analysis of key players like Kukdo Chemical (Kunshan) Co.,Nan Ya Plastics, etc. Best industry practices and contract models.