Clinical IT Services
Use of technology to manage clinica trial data.
AI-powered self-service platform for all your sourcing decision needs across 1,600+ categories llike Clinical IT Services.
Market Data, Sourcing & Supplier Intelligence, and Price & Cost Benchmarking.
Site closure and Shortage happen at Factory: GE Healthcare (Shanghai) in Shanghai, CNJuly 05, 2022
ObvioHealth launches new decentralised clinical trial platformSeptember 19, 2022
Become a Beroe LiVE.Ai™ Subscriber to receive proactive alerts on Clinical IT Services
Clinical IT Services Market Monitoring Dashboard
Understand the correlation between costs, margins, and prices impacting your category on a real time basis on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Clinical IT Services Industry Benchmarks
The average annual savings achieved in Clinical IT Services category is 5.40%
The industry average payment terms in Clinical IT Services category for the current quarter is 73.4 days
Compare your category performance against peers and industry benchmarks across 20+ parameters on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Category Strategy and Flexibility
Price per Unit Competitiveness
Minimum Order Quality
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
Abi, the AI-powered digital assistant brings together data, insights, and intelligence for faster answers to sourcing questions
Clinical IT Services Suppliers
Find the right-fit clinical it services supplier for your specific business needs and filter by location, industry, category, revenue, certifications, and more on Beroe LiVE.Ai™.
Use the Clinical IT Services market, supplier and price information for category strategy creation and Quaterly Business Reviews (QRBs)
Clinical IT Services market frequently asked questions
The clinical intelligence market size was valued at $5.7 billion in 2019. According to the clinical IT services research by Beroe, the clinical intelligence market is set to grow at a CAGR of 10 percent in the forecast period. By 2024, the clinical IT services market is expected to grow at a CAGR of up to 14 percent. North America holds the largest clinical intelligence market share of 50 percent to 52 percent. Europe holds the second-largest share of 23 percent to 25 percent. Asia holds a market share of 18 percent to 20 percent.
The US holds the largest market share of eClinical solutions and is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 12 percent. It is expected to retain its top spot in eClinical solutions in the next few years. Asia is growing at a rapid rate; at a CAGR of over 1 percent every year due to the increase in eClinical trials. Clinical trials are the reason behind the higher adoption rate.
According to the Beroe clinical market research, eClinical solutions are expected to grow at a faster rate than ever before. This is going to take place globally. Pharma R&D will use EDC systems for clinical trials and this can push the growth of the market further. Even the CTMS market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 11 percent. As per the industry experts, the CTMS market will exceed $2 billion in value by the end of 2022. IRT, IWR, and IVR will hold a market value of up to $1 billion in the coming years. eCOA and ePROs are in higher demand and their growth will take place at a higher pace compared to other technologies. The increased support from the government will help boost the clinical IT services even further. People are asking for better therapeutics and this is another driver for clinical IT services. Outsourcing is expected to CROs as this is increasing according to industry experts. Cost-effectiveness is going to be researched further. RBM or Risk-Based Monitoring is also growing and being implemented. More R&D investment is another driver and trend that is expected to grow in the near future.
There are several clinical trial support services providers. According to research by Beroe, the top suppliers of clinical IT and clinical support services include Parexel, Oracle, BioClinica, and Medidata.
As per the clinical intelligence market analysis by Beroe experts, Covid-19 didn't impact Europe and North America as much as the other nations. This was mainly due to the technological advantage that these nations had before the pandemic. Some nations were able to get a solution while others waited before getting a solution that worked for them. Asia is one of the fastest-growing regions and due to the boost from the government, it is likely going to help the growth of the clinical IT services market. Today, the market is witnessing higher growth than ever before due to Covid-19. Covid-19 helped speed up the clinical IT market.
Asia has high supplier power while the EU and North America have medium supplier power. Asia has low buyer power while North America and the EU have high buyer power.
As eClinical solutions are on the rise, the license cost is the one that will impact the total cost the most while eliminating other indirect costs in the process.
Clinical IT Services market report transcript
Global Market Outlook on Clinical IT Services
The pandemic has increased the need for technology in trials with live results
North America and Europe has a less impact, due to COVID because they had the technology upfront. It was few players who either adopted one solution or entire end-to-end solution, now we can see more buyers for every solution
Asia is a region that is growing in this field, due to an increase in trials and non-communicable diseasesapart from increase in funding from government for research
eClinical Solutions Market Segmentation
eClinical solutions will enable effective planning, tracking, and execution of the healthcare data base across different countries. The eClinical solutions market can be segmented based on the product type as follows:
EDC-adoption of EDC systems by pharmaceuticals to operate clinical trials is predicted to provide this market with lucrative growth.
Advancement in technologies is considered to be the most important market driver.
CTMS-CTMS contributes to a major share of clinical trial technologies market, followed by RTMS. The global CTMS market is expected to reach $2.3 billion by 2022 at a CAGR of around 11.4 percent.
RTSM is gaining increased importance with the growth in Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Interactive Web Response (IWR) and is expected to hold a market value of $750 million to $1 billion.
Increasing demand to collect patient self-reports through mobile and digital technologies makes eCOA/ePROs to grow at a faster pace than other technologies.
Drivers and Constraints
- Rising government support for clinical trial through grants and funding
- Increasing need for software solutions during the clinical trials
- Rising R&D expenditure by pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the sector is leading to the adoption of technologies that provide cost-effective solutions
- Rise in the need for better data standardization
- Rising number of clinical trials, especially across emerging countries in the Asia-Pacific region, offers growth opportunities for vendors of eClinical solutions
- Stringent and lengthy government regulations
- Shortage of skilled research professionals in the field
- Concerns over patient data privacy
- Lack of awareness in the society about the benefits of eClinical solutions
- Import/export regulations related to pharma packages. Adhering to both local and global regulatory guidelines is creating a big challenge
- Data Charges - Reimbursement of data charges incurred by patients. Proper contracts for the data plan
Technology Trend - mHealth
Usage of Mobile Technology in Clinical Trials
- Provide patients with access to studies that are active and recruiting patients
- Allow investigators to access various study materials and tools
- Offer site training in different iterations, depending on the audience
- Patient retention activities, such as study visit reminders, medication and diary reminders. There are some new retention techniques, such as online communities, gamification, etc
- Study-specific mobile applications
- Disease-specific medical devices
- Better eCOA Platform
New Technologies and Case Studies
Study-specific Mobile Applications
As an alternative to Investigator kits, mobile apps can provide study information along with alerts to sites on updates in the study, such as protocol amendments or changes.
UBC has developed a mobile app for site staff. This app includes e-kit, tools for informed consent, inclusion/exclusion criteria, and patient retention to use at the protocol level along with built-in automatic updates and alerts if any related to the study.
Disease-specific Medical Devices
This includes wireless health care devices that can be used to collect data related to a specific study (example: spirometer for COPD study) which in turn reduces mandate visits by patients.
WellDoc's BlueStar is the world's first mobile prescription therapy for people with type-2 diabetes. BlueStar provides real-time blood glucose testing, healthy diet and exercise choices, medication adherence, and quality standards of care, such as A1c tests, foot exams, and blood pressure and lipid levels, etc.
Better eCOA Platform
Text messaging is traditionally used to send remainders for patients, but it is now used to as a part of recruitment and select eligible candidates for a study
Omniscience's OmniCAST provides an advertising response mechanism for potential study subjects, which allows people to register their interest and determine their fit with the eligibility criteria. When a prospective candidate is identified, OmniCAST will transfer the patient's data to sponsor or CRO automatically for further processes.
EClinical Solutions Market Overview
- The US is the biggest eClinical solutions market and will continue the position with a CAGR of 12.86 percent.
- Asia Pacific is the fastest growing market for e-clinical trials, with a CAGR of 1.5 percent per year.
- Integration and unification of systems will be a major step towards patient-centric trials.
- Unification will provide a consolidated database that will serve as a base for all applications, such as EDC, ePRO, RTSM, etc.
- Integration paves way for optimized clinical development, reduces data redundancy. As big data is trending, integration will save data at a single server and utilized at multiple sources
- Clinical it market intelligence shows increasing adoption of software solutions during clinical trials.
- Increasing government support and funding for clinical research.
- Requirement for improved data standardization.
- Increasing R&D expenditure by pharmaceutical companies•Growing demand for improved therapeutics.
- Increasing clinical research activities in emerging Asian countries.
- Increasing outsourcing of clinical trials to CROs.
- Development of cost-effective modules.
- Increasing clinical trials globally
- Successful implementation of Risk Based Monitoring (RBM) is expected to reduce cost and time if the study team differentiates and classifies the data that they are going to receive upfront while designing their monitoring plan.
- RBM is said to increase data entry accuracy and reduce Source Document Verification (SDV).
- As the industry is also heavily reliant on technology, the power can easily shift from one player to another though 75–80 percent of the market is helped by 2 players, hence Sponsor’s can benefit by dealing with multiple suppliers.
Why Should You Buy This Report
- Information about the eclinical solutions market size, trends, segmentation, drivers and constraints, clinical market research etc.
- Technology trends, industry trends, clinical trial technology trends, SWOT analysis of the global clinical IT market.
- Supplier landscape, capabilities, sourcing models, Porter’s five force analysis and other clinical IT market intelligence.