AI-powered self-service platform for all your sourcing decision needs across 1,600+ categories llike Apples.
Market Data, Sourcing & Supplier Intelligence, and Price & Cost Benchmarking.
Input costs impart fear into Polish producersAugust 16, 2022
Apple orchards in the US may face challenges owing to rising inflation and labour shortagesOctober 11, 2022
In response to growing concerns about increased costs, WAPA presents the first update to its European apple crop projection.September 14, 2022
Become a Beroe LiVE.Ai™ Subscriber to receive proactive alerts on Apples
Apples Market Monitoring Dashboard
Understand the correlation between costs, margins, and prices impacting your category on a real time basis on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Apples Industry Benchmarks
The average annual savings achieved in Apples category is 9.90%
The industry average payment terms in Apples category for the current quarter is 60.0 days
Compare your category performance against peers and industry benchmarks across 20+ parameters on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Category Strategy and Flexibility
Price per Unit Competitiveness
Minimum Order Quality
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
Abi, the AI-powered digital assistant brings together data, insights, and intelligence for faster answers to sourcing questions
Find the right-fit apples supplier for your specific business needs and filter by location, industry, category, revenue, certifications, and more on Beroe LiVE.Ai™.
Use the Apples market, supplier and price information for category strategy creation and Quaterly Business Reviews (QRBs)
Apples market frequently asked questions
As per Beroe’s research study, the global apple yield stood at around 82 metric million tons (MMT) in 2019, a 7.9% decline from the 2018 numbers.
China will lead the pack in the global yield, as about 6 out of 10 apples are produced from the developing country. While market players are continuously exploring new avenues in the European Union (EU), they are also investing their resources in the US.
The global apple market is witnessing stiff competition among a few established players in the developed regions. However, a strong foothold of several small-scale players in the emerging countries dilutes the magnitude of competition.
Apple market players generally procure processed fruits in the form of juices, concentrates, fillings, cuts, and purees. In addition, buyers hold a moderate bargaining power with the processors.
Beroe’s analysis suggests that processed fruits are immune to any threat from substitutes as suppliers can substitute them with each other as per preferences and cost.
Challenges new entrants face in the global apple market include: > Volatile profit margins due to high reliance on weather conditions > High upfront costs for large-scale production units > High raw material costs
Apples market report transcript
Apples Global Market Outlook:
- Global production: 82.09 MMT
- Growth (2018 vs. 2019): -7.9 percent
- Price projection (2018 vs. 2019): -2.79 percent
- Major producing regions: China (56 percent), EU(16 percent), US (6 percent)
- Weather sensitivity: Low
Porter's Analysis on Apples
- Large fruit processors engage in contract farming and ensure a steady supply
- Premiums/discounts are set based on the yield rates
- Farmers have an upper hand in negotiations with smaller processors
- These small processors are prone to high price fluctuation risk
Barriers to New Entrants
- High initial capital investment for processing facilities with large production capacities
- Fluctuating margins, due to dependency on weather conditions
- Higher cost of raw materials compared to competing larger companies
Intensity of Rivalry
- High competition prevails among a few established players in the developed markets
- Presence of large number of small-scale players in the developing countries dilutes the intensity of rivalry
- Cost of production largely depends on raw material prices and large processors minimize price fluctuation through contract farming
Threat of Substitutes
- Processed fruits do not face any threat from substitutes
- Fruit varieties could be substituted by each other based on cost and preferences
- Processed fruits are generally procured in the form of concentrates, juices, cuts, fillings, purees, etc.
- Raw fruit cost is responsible for 70–75 percent of production cost and determine the prices of processed products
- Category managers keep a track of raw fruit industry in the growing regions
- Buyers hold a moderate bargaining power with processors