Learning & Development
Corporate training refers to the formal and informal mode of educating new joinees and existing employees on various topics both technical and softskills to enable the workforce to perform better. Organisations are investing considerably on technology and micro training solutions to increase the productivity of the employees. Various types of training solutions provided are e-learnning, blended training, virtual training, gamification etc.
AI-powered self-service platform for all your sourcing decision needs across 1,600+ categories llike Learning & Development.
Market Data, Sourcing & Supplier Intelligence, and Price & Cost Benchmarking.
Evotix Unveils EHS Academy to train employeesJune 29, 2022
Meazure Learning Acquired Scantron?s Certification and Licensure BusinessJune 30, 2022
Stiegler EdTech Brings Critical Workforce Technology Training to DetroitOctober 13, 2022
Become a Beroe LiVE.Ai™ Subscriber to receive proactive alerts on Learning & Development
Learning & Development Industry Benchmarks
The average annual savings achieved in Learning & Development category is 7.70%
The industry average payment terms in Learning & Development category for the current quarter is 45.0 days
Compare your category performance against peers and industry benchmarks across 20+ parameters on Beroe LiVE.Ai™
Category Strategy and Flexibility
Price per Unit Competitiveness
Minimum Order Quality
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
Abi, the AI-powered digital assistant brings together data, insights, and intelligence for faster answers to sourcing questions
Learning & Development Suppliers
Find the right-fit learning & development supplier for your specific business needs and filter by location, industry, category, revenue, certifications, and more on Beroe LiVE.Ai™.
Use the Learning & Development market, supplier and price information for category strategy creation and Quaterly Business Reviews (QRBs)
Learning & Development market frequently asked questions
As per Beroe's training and development industry report, the L&D industry is expected to reach $446.1 billion between 2017 and 2020.
As per Beroe's L&D trends 2020 report, the high market maturity regions in the training and development industry are North America, Western Europe, some parts of APAC such as Australia, Japan, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
The L&D trends are the increase of e-learning services in developed regions such as the US and Europe due to a steady rise in the demand for gamification, rise in LMS applications and e-learning tools. Another one of the most important learning and development trends is the fact that there is an increasing growth of self-paced learning.
As per Beroe's global training and development trends report, the training and development industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4-5% by 2020.
The key drivers for the learning and development industry are the growth of the corporate e-learning market, rising investment in training and development, and the rise of technology-based training solutions.
Learning & Development market report transcript
Global L&D Industry Outlook
- The global learning and development market size is expected to expand at a CAGR of 2–3 percent to $402.1 billion between 2020 and 2025.
- The corporate e-learning market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.41 percent during 2018 – 2020
- Training directly affects revenue growth, and hence, organizations have increased their investment in training and development.
Global L&D Industry Trends
- In developed regions, like the US and Europe, e-learning services are expected to increase mainly due to consistent increase in demand for gamification, increase in applications providing LMS platforms and rapid e-learning tools.
- In the US and Europe, self-paced learning is growing exponentially, with an increasing urge to learn more, new topics based on the convenience of the employees
In 2017, the top buyers of the mobile learning market were the US, Brazil, Indonesia, China, and India
In 2017, China, the US, Indonesia, India, and Brazil are expected to be the top buyer
Key suppliers of e-learning are Adobe, Blackboard, Articulate, City and Guilds Group, Desire2learn, Docebo, Edmodo, Educomp, Techsmith, Trivantis, Ispring
In developing markets, currently, very few service providers are technically equipped to integrate the VR in e-learningfew service providers are technically equipped to integrate the VR in e-Learning
Global L&D Market Maturity
- Europe and North America are well-matured markets. Globally, top MNCs are outsourcing their L&D activities to global and regional suppliers.
- APAC and Latin America are witnessing higher adoption due to the efforts by large global buyers to consolidate the supply base.
Global L&D Drivers and Constraints
- The learning and development industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4–5 percent.
The corporate e-learning market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.41 percent during 2018 – 2020
- Training directly effects revenue growth, and hence, organizations have increased their investment in training and development.
- The key drivers are transforming traditional training to effective, measurable and technology-enabled training solutions by outsourcing to global/regional suppliers.
Tech-enabled Training Solutions:
- The need for consistency of performance drives ongoing training
- Learning in the cloud and emergence of video as the dominant approach to mobile learning
- In 2017, most of the Fortune 500 companies have incorporated Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) in their corporate training format. This trend is likely to increase significantly
- The training market is experiencing huge transformation from micro learning to Gamification, this trend is growing rapidly.
Need for Upskilling and Reskilling
- As the corporate ecosystem is increasingly donning a digital avatar, learner-centered experiences aimed at imparting relevant tech capabilities – in line with the company’s critical expectations – will form a fundamental area of learning and development trends and strategies.
- Successful companies are effortlessly transitioning with the evolving face of business. This can be met by offering fair learning opportunities to every employee in the form of custom training with a flexible learning curriculum.
- Structured learning and training will keep employees truly engaged, facilitate their upskilling and reskilling, and help them take on more niche tasks.
- Emergence of On-demand Learning
- With on-demand learning gaining huge traction, the utilization of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)-driven solutions is becoming mainstream as they help rationalize the training costs.
- Further, emerging technologies will offer customized learning experiences and avoid wastage of resources on irrelevant efforts.
- COVID-19 Crisis Impact
- With ambiguities due to the COVD-19 pandemic continuing, there will be a rising need for empathy and emotional intelligence (EQ), particularly in senior positions.
- The role of learning and development in building a beneficial learning setting and ensuring the alignment of all relevant tasks will only continue to surge.
- Outsourcing to a single global L&D supplier would allow buyers to standardize the level of services across various locations. Productivity and efficiency could be enhanced through the introduction of various critical performance indicators and compliance clauses in the contract.
- Centralized procurement through a regional model will help buyers re-examine their budgets on a regional scale.
- Budget constraint is a major problem with some mid-sized organizations, which leads to a compromise in training delivery platforms such as digital aids.
- Creating or fitting existing content into the e-learning platform would be difficult for companies with budget constraints.
- Internal (SMEs, content designers and training experts) as well as external stakeholders should be communicated with effectively about their roles and responsibilities before implementing e-learning.
According to the market research on the global learning and development industry, the majority of the market intelligence training suppliers in mature regions are adapting the same expansion strategies of collaborative partnerships to cater to buyers’ demands across the globe.
Less differentiation of the services is offered by different players in the learning and development market in the developed regions.
Spending involved in tech-enabled training is high. The latest trends in e-learning services are mainly owing to the consistent increase in demand for gamification, increase in applications, providing LMS platforms, and rapid e-learning tools.
The price breakup for the various training services (technology cost) are expected to increase slightly by 2020.
Why You Should Buy This Report
- This analysis report by Beroe provides information about the worldwide training and development industry statistics, industry trends, drivers and constraints.
- It gives the regional market outlook of APAC, Australia, and Europe, among others, and provides Porter’s five force analysis of the developed and emerging markets.
- It gives insight into supplier trends and key supplier profiles, cost structure breakdown, key spend categories and price forecast.
- Furthermore, the study on global training and development trends lists out the best sourcing and pricing models.