Integrated Facilities Management Market Overview
The market for integrated facilities management (IFM) is projected to grow at a CAGR of percent to $858.6 billion by 2022. The improvement in economic conditions across developing countries has led to a higher demand for outsourced facilities management services. The market challenge for the industry is the advent of user and occupant experience along with business productivity and the integration of cognitive technology. Regions such as Western Europe, North America, and some parts of APAC such as Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, and Singapore have high market growth rate. APAC and parts of Middle East and LATAM are expected to be the growth drivers for facilities management services until 2020.
The report encapsulates Porter's Five Forces analysis on the developed and emerging markets. The report further covers the key global FM suppliers across different regions such as North America, Europe, the Middle East, LATAM, Africa, LATAM, and APAC. The cost trends are also covered in the report including the structure, expected savings, cost break-up, and pricing analysis. Furthermore, a comparative analysis of the best procurement services gives an insight into the IFM and TFM sourcing models, which provides the utmost savings opportunity for buyers with minimum involvement in the processes.
Beroe gathers intelligence through primary sources that include industry experts, researchers, and consultants, as well as current suppliers, producers and distributors. Secondary sources can include business journals, newsletters, magazines, market research data, company sources, and industry associations. Following data collation, analysis, and strategic review, the Final Research Report is published on Beroe LiVE.
Integrated Facilities Management Market Trends
Category Intelligence on Integrated Facilities Management covers the following
- Information relating to market, supply, cost, and pricing analysis
- Hard to find data on cost and TCO models, supplier details, and performance benchmarks
- Macroeconomic and regional trends impacting cost, supply, and other market dynamics
- Category-specific negotiation and sourcing advice
Integrated Facilities Management Market Size and Global Outlook
- The global FM market was valued at $612 billion in 2016
- The integrated facility management industry is growing through a rough phase globally due to increased competition among suppliers, longer payment terms and a hike in input costs that have put financial stress on the suppliers.
- It has also come to light that as suppliers are unable to survive in the market, the integrated facilities management industry is experiencing disruptions in operations.
- Regions such as Western Europe, North America, and some parts of APAC such as Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, and Singapore have high market maturity.
- The facilities management market analysis shows that these high maturity regions adopt large bundled engagement contracts. They have also been known to outsource integrated facility management services.
- APAC and parts of LATAM are expected to be the potential growth markets for FM services by 2020.
Integrated Facilities Management Global Market Maturity
IFM penetration is still very low outside Europe and North America
- IFM contracts form about 20–25 percent of all FM outsourcing contracts in developed markets
- APAC and LATAM are witnessing increasing IFM adoption because of the efforts of large global buyers consolidating the supply basel
Integrated Facilities Management Industry Trends
Increasing levels of FM outsourcing and the adoption of an IFM strategy signal increasing buyer maturity and willingness to partner with suppliers
- Suppliers are also improving their supply capability while adopting performance-based metrics for evaluation and performance monitoring
- Increasing expansion of global multinationals in APAC and parts of the MEA has triggered the need to outsource FM services
- Since 2010, global suppliers such as Sodexo and ISS have also increased their footprint in these regions through mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
Integrated Facilities Management Market Overview
- Increased levels of construction and development of commercial property have created demand for outsourced integrated facility management services.
- APAC and LATAM regions are witnessing an increase in the adoption of integrated facility management.
- The improved economy and the rise of a multigenerational workforce, especially in the developed countries, are drivers for increased demand for integrated facilities management.
- Since large buyers have a vast portfolio of properties such as manufacturing units, warehouses and office spaces, they prefer to outsource to a single facility management player to ensure standardization.
- Adoption of subcontracting practices which charges a margin-on-margin cost from the supplier to the buyer is one of the constraints that hinder the facility management market.
- Also, there are low levels of awareness about the cost savings and operational benefits of integrated facility management services in the developing world.
Why You Should Buy This Report
- The report includes a thorough facilities management market analysis and gives information about emerging and developed markets.
- It details the current trends and growth potential of regional markets.
- The report lists out key facility management suppliers regionally and globally.
- It contains a full SWOT analysis of ISS, CBRE, Sodexo, etc.
- It explains the cost structure, pricing and the best procurement practices of the facility management industry.