Integrated Facilities Management Australia
AI-powered self-service platform for all your sourcing decision needs across 1,600+ categories llike Integrated Facilities Management Australia.
Market Data, Sourcing & Supplier Intelligence, and Price & Cost Benchmarking.Schedule a Demo
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
Abi, the AI-powered digital assistant brings together data, insights, and intelligence for faster answers to sourcing questions
Abi is now supercharged with GPT4 AI engine. Enjoy the ease of ChatGPT, now on Abi
Integrated Facilities Management Australia Suppliers
Find the right-fit integrated facilities management australia supplier for your specific business needs and filter by location, industry, category, revenue, certifications, and more on Beroe LiVE.Ai™.Schedule a Demo
Use the Integrated Facilities Management Australia market, supplier and price information for category strategy creation and Quaterly Business Reviews (QRBs)Schedule a Demo
Integrated Facilities Management Australia market report transcript
Regional Market Outlook on Integrated Facilities Management
Trends (current/future) and characteristics of facilities management services
- High level of regional consolidation is seen and within the next few years, we can expect a handful of national level service providers who will be able to extensively cover across the country
- Apart from this, some section of the suppliers will continue to build industry related capabilities. This is especially growing for the retail and restaurant industry
Support through qualification
- Various means of accreditation for expertise in Facilities management is being popularized in Australia
- Several courses from the certificate level to the degree level are available
- This will lead to FM being a more organized and well managed sector in the coming years, while also making it more operationally efficient
Early adopters of technology
- Usage of RFID tags to track the consumables used for day to day engineering maintenance is prospective trends FM players can embrace. This can lead to savings of as much as 10 percent
- Usage of BIM and IWMS technology, adopting usage of shared services will all be embraced to a larger extent by the FM industry in the coming years
Growth Drivers of Facilities Management Services
- After the negative growth rate during the economic downturn, the construction industry has been slowly gaining momentum and commercial construction is averaging at about 6-7 percent
- Along with growth of support buildings like data centers and warehouses will continue to aid FM demand
- The growth of key buyer industries has resulted in them using more square footage of working space with top notch amenities
- Increased activity in the financial space and increase in footfalls in retail banking locations will also be a major driver for FM services
- Energy consumption by HVAC systems accounts for 32 percent of the energy consumed by buildings
- Thus, energy conservation efforts by all commercial buildings encourage regular maintenance and investment of these systems. This will be a key driver of growth
End-user Driven Demand
- High level of demand from the end-users with respect to quality of facilities and work space will be a key driver for growth of FM outsourcing, especially in the technology space
Porter's Five Forces Analysis: Australia
- Large buyers have strong power because of the large consolidated business volumes
- Suppliers are trying to improve their supply capabilities to offer a holistic service portfolio and thereby gain some negotiation power
- Owing to the emergence of a global integrated business model, service providers are likely to enjoy significant leverage. However, supplier power will be constrained with the advent of open-book pricing
- Buyers can strictly monitor pass-through costs to ensure no mark-ups and deny payment of profits to service providers in the case of the non-compliance of KPIs
Barriers to New Entrants
- On adopting a global integrated business model, service providers should have significant capabilities in terms of service offerings and geographical spread
Intensity of Rivalry
- Owing to the complexity of the outsourcing category and the volume of business involved, there will be considerable competition between major service providers
Threat of Substitutes
- Threat of substitution will be very low as in-house manufacturing or partial outsourcing will not prove to be cost-efficient for buyers
- With the advent of complex, integrated outsourcing categories, buyers' power will increase because of the volume of business outsourced
- Open-book pricing will also increase buyers' power, as they can decide on the subcontractors involved and make profit payments conditional on the compliance of KPIs
Australian Integrated Facilities Management Market Overview
IFM/TFM strategies are increasingly adopted across Australia market
Most local service providers self-perform services, whereas property management firms subcontract FM services
The FM outsourcing levels are as high as 70 per cent in Government and is catching up in other industries as well
Increasing energy costs have forced buyers to look into FM services for optimizing their energy utilization and smart buildings and technology are enabling a reduction in associated costs while improving service efficiency
Owing to increasing environmental regulations, the prominence of sustainability will rise in the near future. Green Sourcing and LEED certification play a significant driver in Australia and New Zealand region
Variation in KPIs is increasing significantly and this is going to trigger the shift
Extensive outsourcing - Increasing number of buyers are adopting options to outsource FM services, so as to focus on core activities and leverage the expertise and experience of external service providers
The approach is believed to create value to the maintenance by leveraging the best expertise in FM services, based on the supplier’s experience of handling other large clients and various troubleshooting activities
Focus on predictive and reliability-based maintenance - MRO services market is moving towards improved plant reliability through precision skills, which is bringing a significant change in attitude and thinking at all levels in the maintenance organization
Additionally, the MRO organization invests significantly to add value through good engineering and maintenance experience, the staff’s accumulated plant knowledge, proven technologies, systems and services.
Why You Should Buy This Report
Information on the Australian integrated facilities management market size, overview, key trends, market trends, etc.
Porter’s five forces analysis of the Australian integrated facilities management industry
Sourcing models, bundling services, engagement models, etc.
Cost structure, KPIs, etc.
Supplier analysis, shortlisting criteria, profiles and SWOT analysis of key players like ISS, CBRE, SODEXO, etc.
Discover the world of market intelligence and how it can elevate your business strategies.
Learn more about how market intelligence can enable informed decision-making, help identify growth opportunities, manage risks, and shape your business's strategic direction.