beroe-ai

Graphite
Market, Supplier, Risk and
Competitive Intelligence

Manage Graphite Category with Ai powered
Procurement Productivity Suite

meet-abi-1

Abi will answer all Graphite related
procurement queries with relevant data points

Abi - AI powered digital procurement assistant

discover-market-info

Get up-to-date market and supplier info on Graphite to help you build

Intelligence covers market and price outlook, SWOT analysis, demand & supply drivers, engagement models and Procurement best practices

1

Intelligence on category covers the following aspects market outlook, supply market, SWOT analysis, Cost components & Price outlook, Demand and supply drivers, Engagement Models and Procurement Best Practices

manage-risk

Assess Supplier Risk based on key risk and compliance parameters

1

Supplier assessment covers the following parameters Financial Risk, Ethical, Labor, Environmental Compliance, IT Security.

2

Supplier assessment is powered by world’s leading data partners including D&B, CreditSafe, Dow Jones, Refinitiv, Orpheus

discover-supplier

Identify right fit suppliers based on your selection criteria including revenue, capabilities, certification, geography

1

Select suppliers based on industry, country, classification from a database of 4.2 mn suppliers. Get detailed supplier profiles with supplier capabilities, revenue, certifications, risk ratings

assess-category-perforamnce

Benchmark your category performance against peers and the market

1

Measure category performance on 15 key parameters across cost, risk and strategy KPIs

source-market-indices

Get information on key factors affecting your supply

1

Source Macro Data and Market Indices information from leading data sources across these key areas - Labor Rates, Currency, Energy, Country Risk, Trade Flow/Transportation, Port Data, Tariff, Weather and Epidemics

meet-abi-1

Abi will answer all Graphite related
procurement queries with relevant data points

Abi - AI powered digital procurement assistant

discover-market-info

Get up-to-date market and supplier info on Graphite to help you build

Intelligence covers market and price outlook, SWOT analysis, demand & supply drivers, engagement models and Procurement best practices

1

Intelligence on category covers the following aspects market outlook, supply market, SWOT analysis, Cost components & Price outlook, Demand and supply drivers, Engagement Models and Procurement Best Practices

manage-risk

Assess Supplier Risk based on key risk and compliance parameters

1

Supplier assessment covers the following parameters Financial Risk, Ethical, Labor, Environmental Compliance, IT Security.

2

Supplier assessment is powered by world’s leading data partners including D&B, CreditSafe, Dow Jones, Refinitiv, Orpheus

discover-supplier

Identify right fit suppliers based on your selection criteria including revenue, capabilities, certification, geography

1

Select suppliers based on industry, country, classification from a database of 4.2 mn suppliers. Get detailed supplier profiles with supplier capabilities, revenue, certifications, risk ratings

assess-category-perforamnce

Benchmark your category performance against peers and the market

1

Measure category performance on 15 key parameters across cost, risk and strategy KPIs

source-market-indices

Get information on key factors affecting your supply

1

Source Macro Data and Market Indices information from leading data sources across these key areas - Labor Rates, Currency, Energy, Country Risk, Trade Flow/Transportation, Port Data, Tariff, Weather and Epidemics

Get Beroe LiVE.Ai™ subscription for your team

17k + companies trust Beroe for their supply market intelligence needs

Check out what’s included in market information for Graphite on Beroe LiVE.Ai™

Learn More about Beroe LiVE.Ai™

Table of Contents

  1. Graphite Global Market Summary
  2. Graphite Global Trends​
  3. Graphite Supply Market Outlook​
  4. Graphite Demand Market Outlook​
  5. Graphite Category Strategy Recommendation​
  6. Graphite Category Opportunities & Risk (CORA)​
  7. Impact on COVID-19 - Graphite

 

  1. Graphite Market Analysis
  2. Graphite Market Overview​
  3. Graphite Market Drivers and Constraints​
  4. Graphite Regional Market Outlook​
  5. Global Porter’s Five Forces Analysis​ on Graphite
  6. Graphite Negotiation Support Levers

 

  1. COVID-19 - Graphite
  2. COVID-19 Impact: Sourcing Location​ - Graphite
  3. COVID-19 Impact: Supplier Watch​ - Graphite
  4. COVID-19 Impact: Industry Watch​ - Graphite
  5. Graphite - LCCS Analysis​

 

  1. Graphite Market Monitoring Insights
  2. Graphite Commodity Price Forecast ​
  3. Graphite Cost Analysis and Expected Savings

 

  1. Graphite Industry Best Practices
  2. Graphite Sourcing Practices and Contract Models​
  3. Graphite Sourcing Best Practices

 

  1. Graphite Supplier Analysis
  2. Graphite - Key Global Suppliers​
  3. Graphite - Key Regional Suppliers​
  4. Graphite Supplier Profile

 

  1. Graphite Purchasing Process: RFP/RFI Builder
  2. RFP/RFI Builder - Graphite

Want a more detailed personalised report?

Graphite Global Market Outlook

  • The most dominant player in the natural graphite market is China, producing about 65–70 percent of the global natural graphite. Around 40 percent of the natural graphite produced in China was amorphous, while the rest 60 percent was flake

  • Mozambique was the largest natural graphite mining country by volume outside China. However, the suspension of Balama graphite mines in 2020, due to COVID-19 restrictions and lower EV demand, led to a significant drop in the graphite production in the region

Impact of COVID-19 on Graphite Industry

  • The mining volume of natural graphite fell in 2020 by 7 percent, due to mine closures and COVID restrictions across various regions.

  • China is expected to remain as the dominant player, in terms of supply as well as consumption of graphite. China accounts for about 69 percent of the global natural graphite mine production. About 60 percent of the graphite produced by China was flake, while the rest 40 percent was amorphous

  • The demand for graphite will be moderate–high in 2022, as the demand from the end-user segment, like refractories, battery, and foundry, are expected to increase. The cost of labor is expected to increase in the short term. Labor shortage and unemployment benefit claims suggest firms’ need to raise wages & salaries, which is expected to result in higher wage growth in the medium term, supporting demand growth prospect.

Global Graphite Market: Drivers and Constraints

Industry Drivers

Demand from Steel Industry:

  • The increasing use of electric arc furnaces to produce steel in most parts of the world will boost sales of electrodes, the leading synthetic graphite product. The Chinese government is driving the shift of steel manufacturing through EAF, which has increased the demand of graphite electrode. Moreover, the rising steel demand could also lead to and increase in the demand for refractory materials

Demand from Downstream Markets:

  • The rise of advanced products, such as graphene and fuel cells, will boost demand for synthetic graphite

Demand from Battery Segment:

  • Rapid growth in the lithium-ion battery market will result in increased demand for both natural and synthetic graphite

Constraints

Strict Supply of Primary Raw Material: Coke

  • Barrier entries are high, as creating new petroleum needle coke capacity is expensive

  • Since 1980s, no new greenfield capacity, ex-China has been added

Supply Disruption, Due To Environmental Laws in China:

  • Purification process of graphite is impacted, due to implication of strict environmental regulations in China

Complimentary 12-month access to Beroe LiVE

Any more questions?

Get in touch with us quickly and easily.

x

“Rethinking Digital Procurement”: Joins us for a discussion on July 27