Conversation with Peter Smith The power of storytelling in Procurement
In this episode, Beroe’s Head of Content, Sakthi Prasad, speaks to Peter Smith, author of "Bad Buying: How Organisations Waste Billions Through Failures, Frauds and F*ck-ups". Peter is recognized as one of the UK's leading experts in public and private sector procurement performance improvement.
- The importance of “story telling ability” as a skillset for Procurement
- How best to evaluate Technology solutions
- When not to aggregate Spend so as to avoid pushing up the average price
- The continuing relevance of Just-in-Time (JIT) and lean manufacturing concept
- The importance of continuous market research
In this episode, Beroe’s Head of Content, Sakthi Prasad, speaks to Katharina Stenholm -- former CPO of food company Danone and SAB Miller -- about the politics surrounding sustainable initiatives, and whether Procurement can indeed make a difference in achieving green objectives.
In this episode, Beroe’s Head of Content, Sakthi Prasad, speaks with Jody Franich, a veteran supply chain executive who spent several decades at Boeing. Jody was responsible for sourcing all of the common commodities -- for eg., aluminum, titanium, etc. He was also responsible for deploying category strategy for the spend that was about $60 billion. He now teaches at University of Washington, Foster School of Business.
Get more stories like this
Subscirbe for more news,updates and insights from Beroe