Conversation with Jody Franich Inside View of Aerospace Supply Chain
In this episode, Beroe’s Head of Content, Sakthi Prasad, speaks with Jody Franich, a veteran supply chain executive who spent several decades at Boeing. Jody was responsible for sourcing all of the common commodities -- for eg., aluminum, titanium, etc. He was also responsible for deploying category strategy for the spend that was about $60 billion. He now teaches at University of Washington, Foster School of Business.
- Mass flight cancelations are inevitable when two variables go wrong.
- Jody lists out some of the “memorable” challenges that he had encountered at Boeing.
- Unique challenges in Airplane procurement operations: lesser number of suppliers, stringent quality control, government regulation, cost per unit etc.
- The nuances of contract clauses.
- Regionalization vs Globalization: will regionalization displace globalization?
- How to account for geopolitical risks in strategy planning?
In this episode, Beroe’s Head of Content, Sakthi Prasad, speaks to Katharina Stenholm -- former CPO of food company Danone and SAB Miller -- about the politics surrounding sustainable initiatives, and whether Procurement can indeed make a difference in achieving green objectives.
Beroe's Head of Content, Sakthi Prasad, speaks with Lance Younger, CEO and Founder of ProcureTech, to map out what's hot in the digital procurement space. During the conversation, Lance also offers his opinion on the technology evolution, and how it can impact the function in the next few years.
Get more stories like this
Subscirbe for more news,updates and insights from Beroe