Analyst- API & Biologics
- India - Bangalore
- 14 Feb 2019
The Research/commodity analyst would be required to perform extensive research on the supply-demand-price of select commodities on a global basis and build several forecast models based on the collected information.
The Research/commodity analyst would be required to perform extensive research on the supply-demand-price of select commodities on a global basis and build several forecast models based on the collected information. Analyst will be mapped to Pharma directs team that manages Pharma raw material such as active pharmaceutical ingredients, contract manufacturing of formulations, and other pharma raw materials.
- Ability to effectively operate independently and in a team environment.
- In-depth knowledge on various strategic quadrants and the procurement analysis tools.
- Holistic view on the overall Industry spend categories.
- Insights on how stakeholders view the sourcing of the categories.
- Key focus/expectations of Industry stakeholders through the market intelligence report.
- Basic understanding on the value chain of the respective domain and how each category are related to drive the top line growth.
- Key end users of respective domain/Industry and its categories and the emerging trends that marketers should be aware of Level of innovation brought in through the MI reports delivered in past.
- Have worked for Pharmaceutical and FMCG clients in past & is aware of data on various regulatory portals.
- Is well versed with basic data analysis of pharma related information.
- Is aware of raw materials of Pharma industry API, Excipients, drug delivery devices and others.
- Identification of sources of information(secondary and primary sources )
- Extraction of information/content extraction through the sources of information.
- Thorough understanding of the commodity under research.(The production process and other generic technical details of the commodity)
- Identification of various drivers of the commodity under research - cost/demand/price drivers.
- Determination of the economic behavior of the supply/demand/price of the commodity.
- Identification of experts for the commodity and key extraction of information.
- Competitive analysis of major suppliers of the commodity.
- Industry analysis.
- Use of various strategic frameworks to determine competitive positioning.
- Forecasts - Industry trends and more.
- Impact determination – macroeconomics/logistics/supply chain/disruptions/legislation/taxes on the supply and price of the commodity
Providing inputs towards price forecasts – (quantitative information/factors to support the price forecast of the commodity)
Qualification: MBA (Pharma) with minimum 60% from class X onwards and 1 year of experience market research in healthcare industry , Basic data analysis on excel
Work Experience: 1 to 4 years of experience.
- Competitive / Marketing Intelligence.
- Industry Analysis
- Best practice Insights
- Supplier Profiling
- Pricing & Cost Analysis
- Presentation and report Generation
- Right attitude
- Good Analytical skills
- Achievement Oriented
- Quick learner
- Out of box thinking
- Self-driven and Self Confident