- Mobile phones have long been considered a market niche. However, they are now transforming the means of communication.
- In 2015, Latin America accounted for almost 2% of global mobile advertising market. By 2019, this share is expected to double.
- Brazil is a major mobile ad market in Latin America. It is forecast to grow 90% in 2016, representing $1.14 bn and upholding double digit-rate increases through 2019.
- This article will provide an insight on the current state of Brazilian mobile advertising market and focus on the following aspects:
- Emerging importance of mobile phone as a marketing communication channel
- Current state and estimates for Latin American mobile ad market
- Regional importance of Brazilian mobile ad market
- Forecasts of Brazilian mobile ad market
- Mobile phone penetration in Brazil
- Trends that impact the Brazilian mobile ad market
- Future challenges in the Brazilian mobile ad market
Introduction – Importance of mobile phones as media
For many years mobile phones have represented a market niche. However, they are now transforming the means of communication. Since mobile telephony is an omnipresent reality, it demonstrates a huge advertising growth potential in Latin America.
Given the technology advantage, privacy and uniqueness, smartphone users are attached to their devices. It is therefore easy for marketers to reach their target audience using this medium. Moreover, SMS advertising is the most effective digital channel among Latin American users.
Although Latin American mobile ad market is not as developed as the U.S. or EU, it is expected to grow at a fast rate in the following years.