Global Superabsorbent Polymers Market to reach $8.78 billion by 2020, says Beroe Inc
Source: PR Newswire
RALEIGH, North Carolina, April 11, 2019 - The global market for superabsorbent polymers, a major substitute of fluff pulp, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5 percent until 2020, according to Beroe Inc, a procurement intelligence firm. The increasing rate of working women population along with low penetration rate of diapers will drive the demand of fluff pulp market until 2020.
In Southeast U.S., 83 percent of the global fluff production is concentrated due to the abundant availability of slash pine and loblolly pine species. APAC is a major importer of fluff pulp from North America, and the demand from the Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of about 5 - 6 percent until 2020. This growth is due to the increasing consumption of personal hygiene products.
Beroe, which is based in North Carolina, further stated that procurement experts can access this report on its recently launched market intelligence platform Beroe LiVE: live.beroeinc.com
Adult incontinence (bladder leakage) accounts for the largest end use of fluff pulp and it is expected to grow at 7 - 8 percent until 2021. The annual growth rate of fluff pulp usage in feminine hygiene products is expected to be 3 - 4 percent during the next five years. Lastly, the demand for diapers is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2 - 3 percent until 2021. By 2022, these end users are predicted to consume only 89.5 percent of the world fluff pulp.
The ability to make fluff pulp from hardwood is driving the fluff pulp market, and Suzano is the first company to use hardwood fiber to produce fluff pulp, mainly for the sanitary paper market. A key advantage of this new fiber is its lower energy consumption during processing and defibering.
- The global fluff pulp market is highly consolidated with the top four players constituting 85 percent of market share. Out of the top 10 producers, six are in North America, one in South America, and three in Western Europe.
- Baby diapers remain the most significant end-user market for fluff pulp due to rising volume and the growing value of the baby diapers market. In the coming years, the air-laid market is expected to bring a notable growth in demand for fluff pulp, which is supported by increasing production of air-laid products.
- Two large and up-and-coming trends that aim to revolutionize the everyday diaper by using technology are diaper alert with smartphone application & smart diapers to track child health.
- Fluff pulp requires an ISO brightness of 84-87, which is lesser than the paper grade’s ISO brightness of 89-90. This results in a significant reduction of chlorine dioxide required for the bleaching process; hence there is less cost of chemicals involved.
- The demand forecast for fluff pulp estimates that the valuation of the fluff pulp will not vary as the price will remain high in the future. Whereas actual discounted prices will slowly drop until 2020, and this will make fluff pulp even more attractive as compared to other fibers.
The research methodology adopted for the report included:
- Experts with twenty years of domain experience
- Interaction with buyers
- Inputs from supply chain partners
A major challenge in the fluff pulp industry in the coming years would be the DryLock technology. It would give scope to the diaper makers to make disposable items without the use of fluff pulp. DryLock technology provides more comfort to the user and is good for the environment also as it eliminates the use of wood pulp. These, however, comes in a premium range of products, which may not be economical for the developing markets.
The report also includes:
- Value Chain and Manufacturing Process of Fluff Pulp
- Global Fluff Pulp Market Overview
- Regional Fluff Pulp Market Overview
- Major Players in the Market
- Capacity Expansions and Shutdowns
- US Fluff Pulp Analysis
- Global Fluff Pulp Demand Outlook
- Global Demand by End-use
- Fluff Pulp Market Growth Drivers
- Challenges for Fluff Pulp and Diaper Producers
- Innovations in Diaper Market
Porter’s Five Forces Analysis:
- Porter’s Five Forces Model
- Key Global Fluff Pulp Players Profile
- Cost Break-up of Fluff Pulp
- Distribution Model of Fluff Pulp
- Technical Specification of Fluff Pulp
- Balanced Market
Beroe is the world's leading provider of procurement intelligence and supplier compliance solutions. We provide critical market information and analysis that enables companies to make smart sourcing decisions—leading to lower costs, greater profits and reduced risk. Beroe has been providing these services for more than 13 years and currently works with more than 10,000 companies worldwide, including 400 of the Fortune 500 companies.
To learn more about Beroe Inc., please visit: https://www.beroeinc.com