Glass Containers Market Overview
The global market for glass container is expected to reach 65.4 MMT by 2022 while growing at a continuous CAGR of 3-4 percent. The demand will be driven by an increasing consumption of alcoholic beverages in developing markets such as India and China. Globally, the market for glass containers is estimated to be operating at 60-70 percent of its installed capacity. This could lead to slow demand from alcoholic beverages, with a growth of 1-2 percent in the West.
Alcoholic beverages, which hold over 70 percent of the market share in the end-user segment, will continue to dominate the glass bottle market for the next decade. This is due to the increasing consumption of beer and wine in the APAC.
Glass Containers - Global Market Analysis
- The global glass container market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3–4 percent during 2017–20 and reach 65.4 MMT by 2022, driven by increasing consumption of alcoholic beverages in the developing markets, like India and China
- Pharmaceutical segment is expected to witness the fastest CAGR of 5–6 percent from 2016 to 2022 across end-use segments, driven by increasing consumption of OTC drugs globally
- The global glass containers market expects a value growth of 5 -6 percent (CAGR) from 2017–2022, to reach around $71 billion by 2022. Growth will be primarily driven by the increase in consumption of alcoholic beverages in the emerging markets, like India and China, where beer consumption growth is estimated to grow around 13–14 percent and 7–8 percent (CAGR) respectively
- Global supply base of container glass is fragmented, as the top five players, including Owens-Illinois, Ardagh, Verallia, Anadolu Cam, etc, have a combined market share of around 35 percent. However, North American and the EU markets are fairly consolidated with over 50–60 percent of the market share held by the top 2 or 3 players
- Light weighting, sustainability, and premiumization will be key market trends for glass bottles. However, factors like material substitution, breakage and slowing consumption of alcoholic beverages in the EU (CAGR ~1 percent) and the US (CAGR 2–2.5 percent) might hinder the growth prospects of glass containers in the long term
- Globally, the glass container market is estimated to be operating at 60–70 percent of its installed capacity, owing to over capacity in the market, coupled with slow demand for alcoholic beverages, growing at 1–2 percent in the West
- Suppliers in the West are primarily investing to upgrade plant equipment, in order to achieve higher energy saving and reduce carbon emissions. Emerging markets will experience increasing investments in new furnace installation and refurbishment over the next 3–5 years
Why should you Buy this Report
The report also provides a regional market outlook in areas such as North America, Europe, APAC, and LATAM, followed by an overview of global imports and exports.
Methodology for writing this Report
Beroe gathers intelligence through primary sources that include industry experts, researchers, and consultants, as well as current suppliers, producers and distributors. Secondary sources can include business journals, newsletters, magazines, market research data, company sources, and industry associations. Following data collation, analysis, and strategic review, the Final Research Report is published on Beroe LiVE.
Glass Containers Market Trends
Category Intelligence on Glass Containers covers the following
- Information relating to market, supply, cost, and pricing analysis
- Hard to find data on cost and TCO models, supplier details, and performance benchmarks
- Macroeconomic and regional trends impacting cost, supply, and other market dynamics
- Category-specific negotiation and sourcing advice