Catering Services in India Category Intelligence
- Pricing Models in Catering Services
- Pricing Models Comparative Analysis
- Sourcing Models and Comparative Analysis
- Best-Fit Model Analysis
- Key KPIs/SLAs for a Catering Contract
Catering Services in India Market Trends
Category Intelligence on Catering Services in India covers the following
- Information relating to market, supply, cost, and pricing analysis
- Hard to find data on cost and TCO models, supplier details, and performance benchmarks
- Macroeconomic and regional trends impacting cost, supply, and other market dynamics
- Category-specific negotiation and sourcing advice
Table of contents
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- MARKET OVERVIEW
- INDUSTRY BEST PRACTICES
- SUPPLIER INTELLIGENCE
Want a more detailed personalised report?
Industry Outlook & Drivers
Market Outlook: Catering Services in India
Catering services in India are dominated by unorganized players, but recently, the organized operators comprising of the top international catering companies are making efforts to improve their capabilities through mergers and acquisitions.
Market Drivers and Constraints
Buyers are becoming more conscious about food safety and health at the workplace and are looking to have a balance of premium customized food offerings and healthy eating options, which do not affect the budget by much.
- Employers are starting to look at employee dining as a tool to attract and retain talent. Competing for the best and brightest employees and retaining them over a period are challenges that companies are looking to address by offering them tempting food perks, which create an instant attraction and experience that binds the employee to the place
- Rising demand for customized food: India is a country wherein the tastes and cuisines change almost every 500 km, on an average, and considering the mobile workforce, buyers are looking to customize the menu as per their audience and include items beyond the regular local cuisines to create a sense of value in the mind of the employees
- Growing awareness toward healthy eating: With increasing levels of stress and related health issues among the general workforce, employers are looking at ways to ensure that the workforce remains healthy. This has increased the demand for onsite dining services with healthy and fresh menu to ensure that the employees are at the best of their health and perform their best
- Food safety: Since the market is controlled by the small local players in the unorganized sector, compliance to regulatory norms and required SOPs are major issues, which is withholding further growth in the segment
- Price sensitivity among buyers: Buyers in India still mostly look at employee dining as a cost rather than a benefit or investment, and hence, do not want to spend anything more than that is necessary. This hampers the engagement and the growth over a period
- Not a homogenous market: India is a very diverse country, and hence, what works in one place may not work in another
Catering Services in India Market Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the market outlook for catering services in India?
- Catering services in India are dominated by unorganized players. However, organised operators comprising of the top international catering companies now are making efforts to improve their capabilities through mergers and acquisitions.
- What are the major trends in the catering services market?
- The major trends in the catering services market that can be seen now are the rise in outsourcing levels, adoption of healthy eating and local foods, sustainable practices, adoption of subsidized contracts.
- What are the key market drivers for catering services in India?
- The key market drivers for catering services in India are as follows.
-- Consumers are becoming conscious about food and health safety in the workplace. They are inclining towards health as well as premium and customised food options.
-- Employers are now considering employee dining as an important part of their process to attract and retain talent.
-- As the mobile workforce is on the rise, buyers are looking for customized food menu that goes beyond regular and local cuisines.
- What are the major factors that need to be considered to evaluate the different sourcing models?
- Location of the site, average participation rate, number of employees on-site and buyer objective are some of the crucial factors that influence the choice of engagement models. The type of establishment doesn’t have much impact on the engagement models, but the number of people to be catered and the location are the most important factors that ensure an optimal engagement strategy.