Windshield Recycling Europe
Windshield recycling includes recycling of the glass and the films of plastic and other compaonents that will be recycled and glass will be sent back to glass manufacturers as glass cullet.
AI-powered self-service platform for all your sourcing decision needs across 1,600+ categories llike Windshield Recycling Europe.
Market Data, Sourcing & Supplier Intelligence, and Price & Cost Benchmarking.
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
The World’s first Digital Market Analyst
Abi, the AI-powered digital assistant brings together data, insights, and intelligence for faster answers to sourcing questions
Windshield Recycling Europe Suppliers
Find the right-fit windshield recycling europe supplier for your specific business needs and filter by location, industry, category, revenue, certifications, and more on Beroe LiVE.Ai™.
Use the Windshield Recycling Europe market, supplier and price information for category strategy creation and Quaterly Business Reviews (QRBs)
Windshield Recycling Europe market report transcript
Regional Market Outlook on Windshield Recycling
Since windshield recycling is difficult compared to glass packaging recycling, the market is fragmented with a combination of both local and global players.
- The global windscreen market is estimated to grow at 6.7% by volume up to 2024
- The EU dumps some 9 million tons of cars each year, car glass is meanly adding about 4% of weight to a car
- The EU generates automotive glass, between 8 and 9 million tons of end-of-life vehicles
- In 2015, regulations 85% by weight of car scrap should be recycled is set as target until 2020
- In 2000, it has set a new trend in the EU product, and waste regulation earlier manufacturers had no responsibility for the way their products were scrapped, but now, its responsibility of automobile manufacturers to send old cars, free of charge, to a licensed recycler, who has to respect strict environmental standards
- Every metric ton or 1,000 kg of cullet recycled saves 315 kilograms of carbon dioxide from being released into the atmosphere during the creation of new glass
Key Facts and Figures: Europe Waste Management
The European market is highly matured, and latest technologies are adopted for waste management.
- The European waste management market that includes the processes, such as collection, treatment, recycling, and disposal, has a market value of USD 150 Billion
- The amount of waste collected is over 165.1 million tons every year only in England. The industry employs over 140,000 people
- By 2020, it is estimated that the UK will spend almost USD 5.4 Billion in treating waste for re-use and safe disposal
- Germany produces over 380 millions tons of waste per annum as total from various industries ranging from municipal, construction & demolition, mining operations, production, trade, etc.
- Germany recycles and reuses over 80% of its waste every year
- In the German Waste Management Act (KrWG), waste prevention and management fall under the jurisdiction of the competent Federal State authorities (the Lander)
- Household wastes are handled by state-run monopoly companies, and these organizations will also handle waste arising at smaller commercial operations (e.g., local retail)
Market Drivers and Constraints for Windshield Recycling in Europe
- Strict regulations have been one of the major influencing factors
- Need for an alternate source of energy
- Increase in demand for glass cullet
- Tie-ups between automotive companies and glass recycling companies
- Increase in energy prices
- Difficulty in recycling the PVB resin used between two layers of glass
- New technologies are in development phase to recycle windscreen completely, which may take place in the next 2–3 years
Price Trends & Drivers for Glass Cullets: Windshield Recycling
- Price trends in the European glass market shows that prices are broadly stable. The main exception is mixed cullet prices, which are predicted to increase within a range of £10–25/ton
- Increase in demand from the automotive sector for car glass will increase the demand
- New industries, such as smart glass used in mobile phones, tablets, tend to use high quality cullet for screens
- For internal cullet processing, labor rate is a major driver
- Annual increase in energy prices affects directly the prices of cullet production and prices
- The waste management companies are investing in new technologies for better sorting and recycling, in order to provide high quality cullet to glass as well as to industries using it as a part of component for production processes, prices tend to increase