Nitrogen Products Market Trends
Category Intelligence on Nitrogen Products covers the following
- Information relating to market, supply, cost, and pricing analysis
- Hard to find data on cost and TCO models, supplier details, and performance benchmarks
- Macroeconomic and regional trends impacting cost, supply, and other market dynamics
- Category-specific negotiation and sourcing advice
Industry Outlook & Drivers
Global Market Outlook on Nitrogen Products
The major portion of ammonium sulfate and ammonium chloride is consumed by agriculture sector as fertilizer, which has rich source of nitrogen driving the plants in numerous essential plant functions.
Downstream Application & Region Trends: Ammonium Sulfate
Government initiatives to increase crops output and favorable policies encouraging sustainable and efficient agricultural practices are presumed to play critical role in aiding the regional industry over the upcoming years.
- Fertilizer market remains as the major demand driver: To increase the crop yield, there was a significant increase in demand for fertilizers since last decade. Growing fertilizer demand coupled with increasing nutrient requirements such as nitrogen and sulfur in particular fro crops are expected to drive the overall market in the upcoming future
- Food additives: Food additives application includes acidity regulator for flours and breads, helps in controlling the pH factor for baked products and bread. It is expected t o witness fastest growth over the forecast period
- Regional insights: Presence of large agriculture industry in China, India and South East Asian countries is expected to remain a key driving factor for the regional market
- Favorable emerging markets: SE Asian countries such as Vietnam, Indonesia, Singapore, and Malaysia are expected to witness an expansion of the product owing to their heavy dependency on agriculture
- Other Allied Industries: Industrial application promises significant demand over the next seven years such as flame retardants, textile and leather products
Demand Growth: Ammonium Sulfate
As ammonium sulfate is the by-product of caprolactum, the market is highly affected by developments in the caprolactum market
The global demand for ammonium sulfate is expected to increase in areas with rising sulfur-deficient soils, especially in areas with tight environmental controls such as North America.
- Global ammonium sulfate market demand was at 24.60 million tons during 2014 and is expected to reach 29.97 million tons by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 2.5 percent, from 2014 to 2022
- Increasing demand for nitrogen fertilizers is anticipated to be one of the major growth factors driving the demand for ammonium sulfate. As a fertilizer, it competes with ammonium nitrate, ammonium phosphates and urea
- However, as a major portion of ammonium sulfate is manufactured involuntarily as a co-product or by-product, its volume of productions is influenced more by the general industrial output than by the demand for fertilizers