Drums Market Trends
Category Intelligence on Drums covers the following
- Information relating to market, supply, cost, and pricing analysis
- Hard to find data on cost and TCO models, supplier details, and performance benchmarks
- Macroeconomic and regional trends impacting cost, supply, and other market dynamics
- Category-specific negotiation and sourcing advice
Industry Outlook & Drivers
Global Drums Market Outlook
- The global market for drums was valued at $ 9.1billion in 2017 and is expected to grow at the rate of approximately 4-5 percent until 2022, reaching $ 11.5 billion. Steel drum, currently contributes to 67 percent of the global demand. However, demand for plastic drums is expected to have the fastest growth, of 6-7 percent, increasing its market share from 19 percent in 2017 to 20 percent in 2022
- The major driver for the growth will be the rising demand from chemical, and the food and beverage segments which make use of bulk packaging for storage and transportation of products
- The industrial drums market growth rate is 4–5 percent (2018–2023F), expected to reach a value of $11.9 billion by 2023.
- The three major plastic drum suppliers are, Greif, Mauser, and Schutz.
- The industrial drums market share: 67% - Steel Drum, 19% - Plastic Drum, and 14% - Fiber Drum. Plastic drums will have fastest growth of 6–7 percent by 2021.
- CRC prices are expected to fall in the U.S. and Asia by 6–7 percent and 1–2 percent, respectively, by April 2019. Meanwhile, drums price in Europe are expected to remain stable by April 2019.
Demand Market Outlook
Chemicals, agro-chemicals, and food and beverage industries are the major end-use segments driving the demand for industrial drums. APAC is witnessing the highest growth rate, around 6-7 percent
Global Market Size –Drums
- Steel drums will continue to dominate the market with a market share of more than 68 percent; whereas plastic drums are expected to reach 22 percent in 2022
- Drum demand in the developing regions of APAC and LATAM are expected to grow at 6-7 percent and 5-6 percent until 2022 due to the growth in end-use industries
- The global drum demand is expected to grow at 4-5 percent from 2017-2022 and reach approximately $ 11.5 billion by 2022
- Plastic drums contributed around 18 percent of the global demand for drums, and is experiencing strong growth owing to its cost and logistic advantages over its steel counterpart. However, steel drums will continue to dominate the market
- Fiber drums are 10-15 percent lighter and 20-25 percent cheaper than plastic/steel drums, and has better recycling options. However, the market is very matured and almost stagnant in the developed regions
Global Capacity –Demand Analysis of Drums
- The Global drums market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 4.5-5 percent from 2017 to reach a value of $ 11.4 billion in 2022. This is due to the high end-use demand from chemicals, pharmaceutical and, the food and beverage sector
- Globally, the drums industry has an average utilization rate of 65-70 percent and the manufacturers are able to meet the demand without any supply constraints
Electricity generated from natural gas has been on the rise over the past 2–3 years in the U.S., which increased the drums price. In the developed markets, all the major drum manufacturers are involved in acquisitions, thereby creating intensive competition among suppliers. Ex: Mauser acquired Daniels Healthcare in the UK to increase its expertise in the medical waste industry. In the developing markets all the major players are involved in acquisition to consolidate market position. For example, Mauser acquired Greifs in Brazil and VIP Steel and National Packaging in Australia. In APAC apart from the global players there are many local manufacturers available who can cater to buyers demand which increases the buyer power.
Why You Should Buy This Report
The report gives details on the industrial drums market size, demand and supply outlook, major trends & innovation and industrial developments, supply chain analysis, global trade dynamics, import, export, etc. It gives the cost structure analysis and plastic drum price forecast for U.S., EU, Asia, LATAM, MEA. The report performs the SWOT analysis on major plastic drum supplier like Greif, Mauser, Schutz Gmbh, etc. It lists out the industry drivers and constraints, key trends, technological innovations, etc. and gives the Porter’s five force analysis of the developed and emerging regions.