Comparator Sourcing Market Trends
Category Intelligence on Comparator Sourcing covers the following
- Information relating to market, supply, cost, and pricing analysis
- Hard to find data on cost and TCO models, supplier details, and performance benchmarks
- Macroeconomic and regional trends impacting cost, supply, and other market dynamics
- Category-specific negotiation and sourcing advice
Industry Outlook & Drivers
Global Market Outlook on Comparator Sourcing
Comparator market is growing at a rate of 7-8 percent and the trend is expected to remain same until late 2018 Studies are conducted in remote locations and demand for better supply capabilities are driving the market.Regional sourcing is pacing up considering the factor such as ever changing regulations, shorter shelf life of biologics and differences in sourcing for biosimilars as against branded drugs
Key Insights- Trends & Future Prospective
- Low Cost Market Sourcing: The rising costs, difficulty in procurement and Inconsistent regulations during transit led pharma to shift towards regions like Central Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pac, Middle East and Latin America.
Packaging & Labelling: Data driven label designs and packaging techniques using technology (eLabels and Smart packaging) changes the dynamics in supply chain which removes risk of non-compliance and aid operational efficiency.
Direct To Patient: DTP will reduce the geographical barriers which enhances the research on studies which has less population and reduces the patient visit to clinical trial sites.
Market Overview and Trends
Comparator market is growing at a rate of 7-8 percent and the trend is expected to remain same until late 2018. Studies are conducted in remote locations and demand for better supply capabilities are driving the market.
Factors such as shorter shelf life of biologics, differences in sourcing for biosimilars as against branded drugs, counterfeit of comparators restrain the market and force stringent regulatory actions.
- Bilcare PPI has developed packaging solutions such as watermark anti-counterfeit features reverse printing methodology, usage of UV ink and water mark combination with reverse printing anti-counterfeit solution with colour lacquered coating, etc.,
- Though there are technologies like RFID tags, Barcodes, holograms, Serial identification present, all of the above have their own limitation. nonClonableID™ is a patented technology for packaging using micro and Nano-particulate along with optical properties, providing foolproof solution
Digital supply chain suite:
- With the serialization deadlines in US (2018) and Europe (2019), Supply Chain Wizard (SCW), a leading full-service global consulting firm co-developed digital supply chain initiative
- It has six portfolio solutions including Digital Transport, Warehouse, Retail, Factory etc., that uses data entered and produces optimized results.This tool helps gain more visibility and data driven decision making, in-turn aids in track and trace of drugs to avoid counterfeiting
Block Chain Technology:
- In Africa, mass serialization and block chain tech(assigning an ID for a product and saving as an asset in the block chain) is being adapted to reduce counterfeit and illegal supply of drugs
- Pfizer, AbbVie, Gentech, McKesson, AmerisourceBergen Corp have incorporated this to experiment the technology