APDO Aerosol Strategy Market Trends
Category Intelligence on APDO Aerosol Strategy covers the following
- Information relating to market, supply, cost, and pricing analysis
- Hard to find data on cost and TCO models, supplier details, and performance benchmarks
- Macroeconomic and regional trends impacting cost, supply, and other market dynamics
- Category-specific negotiation and sourcing advice
Industry Outlook & Drivers
Regional Market Outlook on APDO Aerosol Strategy
The aluminum aerosol cans market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5–6% through 2022, surpassing tinplate growth, which is projected at 2–3% CAGR for the same period.
The growth of the aluminum aerosol cans is driven by demand from personal care products, predominantly by the APDO market, which accounts for nearly 50% of the overall demand for aerosol cans. This is expected to grow by 6–7% CAGR until 2022.
Global Aerosol Can Market Demand (2017–2022F)
- Latin America represents a little over 18% of the global production of aerosol cans
- Argentina is the biggest producer of aerosol cans in Latin America and a major portion of these cans are used for personal care. Nearly, 60% of Argentina's production is exported to Brazil and Chile
- Brazil is third in the region for aerosol cans production, yet it leads in terms of consumption
- A majority of aerosol production in Colombia is used for antiperspirants and deodorants. Peru and Ecuador have a relatively smaller market for aerosols
APDO Market Overview - Global
The global APDO market is estimated to surpass $80 billion in 2021, primarily due to high penetration of antiperspirants and deodorants in nearly all markets, considering this format is an essential in most consumers' personal care routines.
Key drivers in the APDO market are the consumers' desire for respectable personal image and the need for personal protection. This has generated a larger degree of cognizance about personal hygiene habits among consumers.
Global APDO Market Demand (2017-2022F)
- Spray deodorants constitute the largest deodorants segment. Stick and solid deodorants constitute the second largest deodorants segment, followed by Roll-On deodorants. 'Other' deodorants segment, comprises of niche formats, such as cream, gels, and wipes. They represent the smallest but fastest growing market in the global deodorants market
- The demand for products made with natural formulations is gaining steam in the deodorants market. The attractiveness of natural formulations in deodorants is growing, as they help in maintaining the natural pH and moisture levels of the body
APDO Market Overview - LATAM
Brazil is the world's largest deodorant market and is the personal care staple used by nearly the entire population, often more than once a day.
The growth of the middle class, the development of segments with value-added formats, such as aerosols and the emerging interest of the consumers in innovations, such as non-staining formulations and technology that provides higher shield against perspiration are aspects that have influenced this growth.
LATAM APDO Market by Product Type (2017)
- Unilever PLC leads the market as the largest deodorant manufacturer, due to the popularity of its flagship brands – Rexona, Axe and Dove. They are also pioneers of compressed aerosols technology, which is positioned as environment-friendly and also use lesser raw materials. These on-the-go deodorants are prevalent due to high usage of deodorants in the region
- Argentina is emerging as a rapidly growing market for deodorants and has registered strong value sales in the recent past. However, the volume growth has remained sober. The difference between value and volume growth is due to high inflation rates in this region