Analyst - Category Specialization - Hardware & Telecom
- Job Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibility is to perform extensive research on the supply-demand-price of the select commodities on a global basis and build forecast models based on the collected information.
- Extraction of information/content extraction through the sources of information (through Primary and secondary research) Identification of various drivers of the commodity under research - cost/demand/price drivers.
- Determination of the economic behaviour of the supply/demand/price of the commodity.
- Identification of experts for the commodity and key extraction of information.
- Competitive analysis of major suppliers of the commodity.
- Industry analysis.
- Use of various strategic frameworks to determine competitive positioning.
- Forecasts - Industry trends and more.
- Impact determination – macroeconomics/logistics/supply chain/disruptions/legislation/taxes on the supply and price of the commodity.
- Providing inputs towards price forecasts – (quantitative information/factors to support the price forecast of the commodity
- Job Requirements:
- Experience in Telecom or IT Infrastructure categories in the role of procurement, presales, business analysis, functional consulting, IT delivery/deployment or research is preferred
- Sales experience can also be considered subject to knowledge of domain in helping to provide consultative inputs to research requests raised by clients from procurement managers to category heads
- IT Infrastructure can include Data centres, Cloud computing, Networking, End user computing etc.
- Telecom includes fixed line, mobility and wireless technologies
- Ability to effectively operate independently and in a team environment.
- Thorough understanding of the commodity under research. (The production process and other generic technical details of the commodity).
- Holistic view on the respective Industry spend categories.
- Insights on how stakeholders view the sourcing of the categories.
- Key focus/expectations of Industry stakeholders through the market intelligence report.
- Basic understanding on the value chain of the respective domain and how each category are related to drive the top line growth.
- Key end users of respective domain/Industry and its categories and the emerging trends that marketers should be aware of Level of innovation brought in through the MI reports delivered in past.
- Experience in Telecom or IT Infrastructure in the role of procurement, presales, business analysis, functional consulting or research.
Qualification: MBA (Systems/Marketing/Operations/Logistics/Supply Chain/ Agri/ Finance) with minimum 60% from class X onwards.
Work Experience: Atleast 3 years of experience in IT or telecom roles – consulting, pre-sales, market research, sourcing, deployment, Business analysis
- Technical Requirement
- Technology Consulting – Telecom and IT Infrastructure
- Pre-sales experience in telecom or IT hardware deployments/running RFIs and RFPs
- Sourcing support – Contract Management and running/analyzing RFQs
- Competitive / Marketing Intelligence.
- Industry Analysis
- Best practice Insights
- Supplier Profiling
- Pricing & Cost Analysis
- Presentation and report Generation
- Personal Characteristics
- Right attitude
- Good Analytical skills
- Achievement Oriented
- Quick learner
- Out of box thinking
- Self-driven and Self Confident
- Clarity of thought and communication
Apply for this Job
Life at Beroe
Beroe is disrupting how businesses across the globe leverage intelligence to make smarter sourcing decisions. Today 80% of Fortune 500 organizations rely on Beroe as a trusted source of intelligence. At the heart of everything that we do, are our Employees. We consistently work towards initiatives that provide an ideal work-life balance for our employees and support them with training/development to enrich their knowledge.
- At Beroe we offer a 4-day work week (Mon-Thu) to all our colleagues – Probably the only company in India to offer such a benefit
- You have the flexibility to work from the location of your choice – Work from anywhere
- Recognized by the industry for its work and culture- Certified as a Great Place to Work, Company with Great People Manager