Analyst- Category Specialization- Paper Packaging
- Job Requirements:
- Ability to effectively operate independently and in a team environment.
- In-depth knowledge on various strategic quadrants and the procurement analysis tools.
- Holistic view on the overall Industry spend categories.
- Insights on how stakeholders view the sourcing of the categories.
- Key focus/expectations of Industry stakeholders through the market intelligence report.
- Basic understanding on the value chain of the respective domain and how each category are related to drive the top line growth.
- Key end users of respective domain/Industry and its categories and the emerging trends that marketers should be aware of Level of innovation brought in through the MI reports delivered in past.
- Key Responsibilities:
- To track, analyze paper packaging market conditions across the globe. Paper market includes commodities such as corrugated, folding carton, printing and writing paper and pulp
- Closely track the market changes on a daily basis and be on top of market situation. Develop category expertise and become the category specialist in long term.
- Market sizing and forecast
- Understand historical, current supply-demand condition for the above commodities and forecast market growth/decline for the next 3-5 years with accurate reasoning
- Understand the market drivers and constraints that will contribute to market growth or decline
- Price Analysis and Forecast
- On a recurring basis (monthly) Based on market fundamentals and historical trend, forecast market index prices in short, medium and long term with proper reasoning
- Create cost structure of the commodities - % contribution of fixed and variable costs and determine how changes in costs impacts the prices of the final commodity
- Supplier Analysis – Scan the market for suppliers who could cater to client requirements and recommend best fit suppliers based on various parameters such as proximity, quality, capability, scalability etc
- Closely monitor market developments in terms of innovation and sustainability for the above packaging materials and determine the effect (cost savings/improvement in sustainability/material reduction) on client’s spend
- Understand market best practices both from a material standpoint (best type of material, alternate materials and substitutes) and a sourcing standpoint (contract clauses, payment terms, lead times, KPI, SLA etc)
- Own, maintain and update category core report (off the shelf report) for the category that has been assigned to you
- Understanding and addressing client challenges and requirements
- Clearly understand client challenges/initiatives with regards to sourcing of paper commodities.
- Insights must not be a data dump from secondary. Analyze the data and provide actionable insights to client based on your findings which must address client sourcing challenge or initiative. The report must be a solution rather than a knowledge material.
- Build expert network and supplier relationships to gather primary level information.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Identification of sources of information(secondary and primary sources )
- Use public and paid subscriptions to extract data
- Extraction of information/content extraction through the sources of information.
- Thorough understanding of the commodity under research.(The production process and other generic technical details of the commodity)
- Identification of various drivers of the commodity under research - cost/demand/price drivers.
- Determination of the economic behavior of the supply/demand/price of the commodity.
- Competitive analysis of major suppliers of the commodity.
- Industry analysis.
- Use of various strategic frameworks to determine competitive positioning.
- Impact determination – macroeconomics/logistics/supply chain/disruptions/legislation/taxes on the supply and price of the commodity
- Liaise with forecasting and macro-economic team to understand macro-economic factors and determine the impact on paper packaging commodities
Qualification: MBA(Marketing/Operations/Logistics/Supply Chain/ Agri/ Finance) with minimum 60% from class X onwards.
Work Experience: 1 to 4 years of experience.
- Technical Requirement
- Competitive / Marketing Intelligence.
- Industry Analysis
- Best practice Insights
- Supplier Profiling
- Pricing & Cost Analysis
- Presentation and report Generation
- Personal Characteristics
- Right attitude
- Good Analytical skills
- Achievement Oriented
- Quick learner
- Out of box thinking
- Self-driven and Self Confident
Apply for this Job
Life at Beroe
Beroe is disrupting how businesses across the globe leverage intelligence to make smarter sourcing decisions. Today 80% of Fortune 500 organizations rely on Beroe as a trusted source of intelligence. At the heart of everything that we do, are our Employees. We consistently work towards initiatives that provide an ideal work-life balance for our employees and support them with training/development to enrich their knowledge.
- At Beroe we offer a 4-day work week (Mon-Thu) to all our colleagues – Probably the only company in India to offer such a benefit
- You have the flexibility to work from the location of your choice – Work from anywhere
- Recognized by the industry for its work and culture- Certified as a Great Place to Work, Company with Great People Manager