- Job Responsibilities
- The primary responsibility is to perform extensive research on the supply-demand-price of the select commodities on a global basis and build forecast models based on the collected information.
- Extraction of information/content extraction through the sources of information (through Primary and secondary research) Identification of various drivers of the commodity under research - cost/demand/price drivers.
- Determination of the economic behaviour of the supply/demand/price of the commodity.
- Identification of experts for the commodity and key extraction of information.
- Competitive analysis of major suppliers of the commodity.
- Industry analysis.
- Use of various strategic frameworks to determine competitive positioning.
- Forecasts - Industry trends and more.
- Impact determination – macroeconomics/logistics/supply chain/disruptions/legislation/taxes on the supply and price of the commodity.
- Providing inputs towards price forecasts – (quantitative information/factors to support the price forecast of the commodity.
- Job Requirements:
- Ability to effectively operate independently and in a team environment.
- Thorough understanding of the commodity under research. (The production process and other generic technical details of the commodity).
- Holistic view on the respective Industry spend categories.
- Insights on how stakeholders view the sourcing of the categories.
- Key focus/expectations of Industry stakeholders through the market intelligence report.
- Basic understanding on the value chain of the respective domain and how each category are related to drive the top line growth.
- Key end users of respective domain/Industry and its categories and the emerging trends that marketers should be aware of Level of innovation brought in through the MI reports delivered in past.
- Should have experience in a logistics firm/or should have been associated as a logistics vendor.
- Experience in handling operational functions and liaising with key stakeholders in the process (transportation companies/CHA/port and terminal operators, warehouse managers)
- Should preferable understand the freight forwarding (air and ocean) business functionalities
- Experience or understanding of intermodal transportation (road, rail, coastal)
- Preferable to have experience in handling TMS/similar logistics modules
- Experience or Knowledge in transportation sourcing process – cost analysis, pricing models, RFX process
- Preferable experience in working in logistics control tower (4PL) activities.
Qualification: MBA (Marketing/Operations/Logistics/Supply Chain/ Finance) with minimum 60% from class X onwards.
Work Experience: 1 to 4 years of experience.