- Job Requirements
- Ability to effectively operate independently and in a team environment.
- Thorough understanding of the commodity under research. (The production process and other generic technical details of the commodity).
- Holistic view on the respective Industry spends categories.
- Insights on how stakeholders view the sourcing of the categories.
- Key focus/expectations of Industry stakeholders through the market intelligence report.
- Basic understanding on the value chain of the respective domain and how each category are related to drive the top line growth.
- Key end users of respective domain/Industry and its categories and the emerging trends that marketers should be aware of Level of innovation brought in through the MI reports delivered in past.
- Formulating a sourcing strategy for the energy commodities, tracking the commodity price globally, identification of alternate suppliers, developing decarbonisation strategy etc
- Job Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibility is to perform extensive research on the supply-demand-price of the select commodities on a global basis and build forecast models based on the collected information.
- Extraction of information/content extraction through the sources of information (through Primary and secondary research) Identification of various drivers of the commodity under research - cost/demand/price drivers.
- Determination of the economic behaviour of the supply/demand/price of the commodity.
- Identification of experts for the commodity and key extraction of information.
- Competitive analysis of major suppliers of the commodity.
- Industry analysis.
- Use of various strategic frameworks to determine competitive positioning.
- Forecasts - Industry trends and more.
- Impact determination – macroeconomics/logistics/supply chain/disruptions/legislation/taxes on the supply and price of the commodity.
- Providing inputs towards price forecasts – (quantitative information/factors to support the price forecast of the commodity.
- Electricity, Natural Gas, LNG, Coal, Diesel & Gasoline, Fuel Oil, Fuel Oil, Jet Fuel, Bunker Fuel, LPG, All Renewable Energy Sources such as solar, wind, biofuel, etc., alternative fuels, water, lubricants and greases, industrial gases such as oxygen, nitrogen etc. Also covers Energy storage, energy as a service, energy management and other sustainable energy initiatives
Qualification: MBA (Marketing/Operations/Energy/Logistics/Supply Chain/ Finance) with minimum 60% from class X onwards.
Work Experience: 1 to 4 years of experience.