- Job Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibility is to perform extensive research on the supply-demand-price of the select commodities on a global basis and build forecast models based on the collected information.
- Extraction of information/content extraction through the sources of information (through Primary and secondary research) Identification of various drivers of the commodity under research - cost/demand/price drivers.
- Determination of the economic behaviour of the supply/demand/price of the commodity.
- Identification of experts for the commodity and key extraction of information.
- Competitive analysis of major suppliers of the commodity.
- Industry analysis.
- Use of various strategic frameworks to determine competitive positioning.
- Forecasts - Industry trends and more.
- Impact determination – macroeconomics/logistics/supply chain/disruptions/legislation/taxes on the supply and price of the commodity.
- Providing inputs towards price forecasts – (quantitative information/factors to support the price forecast of the commodity.
- Job Requirements:
- Ability to effectively operate independently and in a team environment.
- In-depth knowledge on various strategic quadrants and the procurement analysis tools.
- Holistic view on the overall Industry spend categories.
- Insights on how stakeholders view the sourcing of the categories.
- Key focus/expectations of Industry stakeholders through the market intelligence report.
- Basic understanding of biopharmaceutical supply chain and biomanufacturing operations.
- Key end users of respective domain/Industry and its categories and the emerging trends that marketers should be aware of Level of innovation brought in through the MI reports delivered in past.
- Have worked for Pharmaceutical and FMCG clients in past & is aware of data on various regulatory portals.
- Is well versed with basic data analysis of pharma related information.
- Is aware of raw materials of Pharma industry API, Biologics, Excipients, drug delivery devices and others.
- Analyst will be mapped to Pharma directs team that manages Pharma raw material such as active pharmaceutical ingredients, contract manufacturing of formulations, biopharmaceutical manufacturing and other pharma raw materials.
Qualification: B.Tech (Biotechnology) or Master’s in Biotechnology / Lifesciences with minimum 60% from class X onwards.
Work Experience: Min 3 years of experience